Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
ache in your center
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone else have a constant ache in their center/stomach? It varies from a dull ache to one that can double me over. And it seems to have come on stronger since I have started therapy.
Posted on 08/08/11, 10:04 am
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Codependency. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/08/11  12:20pm
" I have had similar problems dealing with my love addition / codependency side affects. It's almost to a point where I feel physically sick and cannot eat. My stomach is in such knots that no matter how positive I try to think the "aching" wont go away. I hope you can find peace and your aching heals. Stay strong. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/08/11  2:55pm
" There are many websites and books that link physical symptoms to spiritual causes. Spiritual writings on chakras identify the stomach area as a chakra The stomach chakra is supposed to be the location for "birthing anew" and "creativity". If you look at them, stomach pain can mean some different things - dreading the new, not feeling nourished. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/08/11  4:55pm
" Yup - it's my anxiety talking, and my guilt "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/08/11  5:36pm
" Hi There,

I can relate to the physical pain of loss. It felt as though my heart had been torn in two. It was very real and felt as if it would never go. I can say it lasted for around 1 week at this intensity and them became intermitant. I can still have this occassionaly now but less severe and only short episodes when I have the craving and yearning for my ex codependant relationship of 24 years. Melody Beatties books have been a life saver and have kept me centered when I thought I was going insane and my life had become unmanageable. I now attend CODA and am slowley learning to love myself. Hope this helps and the pain will get better. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/09/11  5:42pm
" Yep.

Love hurts, didn'tcha know? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 08/09/11  5:44pm
" Or LACK of love, the black hole, the void, might be causing the ache.

I would like that ache to become a FIRE, in my belly! But, at the moment, it's just an ache. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 08/09/11  6:57pm
" yes i feel this it is very physical for me for at least a month r two in the pit of my stomach "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 08/09/11  9:51pm
" my stomach knots up and i cant eat sometimes i cant sleep either or i cant stop eating or i become addicted to certain foods or facebook posting stuff just random mad stuff im going to try to change these crazy addictive behaviours i wish i could be less mad more balanced "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 08/10/11  1:55am
" Some times physical movement make a difference.
Exercise like dance, yoga, swimming, martial arts, self defence,
skating, walking, bicycling, bowling, tennis, ping pong, volley ball,
horse shoes, etc. youll find what works for you!
Also volunteering can fill voids as long as there is balance.
Dont start an addiction replacement or new obsession.
Moderation is key.
Meditation is good too - find a local group to join.
Pain/ aches can lead to other issues over time if it long term seek medical help. May you be on a healthful journey. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 08/10/11  3:33am
" It might be an ulcer caused by stress. Have it checked out. Ulcers can cause death if left untreated. Is it on the left side of you body? That is where the stomach is. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web