Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Need advice
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
ok ive been codependent a long time now.My step daughter has had an ongoing case of headlice and knits for a long time now.She has weekend visits with us from mon to fri.Everytime she comes she eith has knits or live lice,the past mo it's been knits but reguardless i have spoke with my husband rumorus times and we both have been really stressed about this issue.we have talked with her mother and authority and everyone we could think of.My husband and i have 4 boys together they have already got it 2 times when she came over a few mo back thank god i took care of it right away.In the beginning when he started seeing her which was like 8 mo ago he was cleaning her head everytime she came over and de liced her but everytime she goes back to her mothers she comes back to us and has them again.well as of like 2 mo now he hasent been taking care of it hes been checking it and saying that all she has is knits and he leaves it at that but doesnt take them out or anything.I dont know what to do because i dont want to argue with him about it but at the same time im sick of her coming here with them knits or live lice i just dont want that head ache.we have contacted the dcf,mother,doctors,hospitals,the school she is attending everywhere.still no help.the mother wont do anything and neither will the authoritys.the girls school is getting sick of it to because she always has it.I dont want to be codependent and i just want to say something but i dont want to start a fight either with my husband.Can anyone help me with this on what to say or how to say it.or just give me your opinions on this.
Posted on 04/14/11, 11:25 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Codependency. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/15/11  1:38am
" Ever hear "the squeaky wheel gets the grease"? If you do not shut up about something, change will occur. Everytime she comes over I would take her to the school nurse. I would also write a formal complaint, make copies and send to the school nurse, principle and child protective services. Let your husband know you will do this each time the child comes over with lice. He may ask you why you are so insistent on rocking the boat. Your reply should be "your daughter's hygiene, health and social life are in jeopardy because of lice and gnits and you are questioning me on why I'm making a big deal of this?" The bottom line is he's letting fear of what "could" happen determine currently "is" happening. He is not putting the health and welfare of his daughter to the forefront. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/15/11  3:34am
" Maybe the mother does not know how to get rid of the critters. Don' t know what kind of relationship you have with the mother but for the sake of the poor little girl, educate the mom. Madonna's kids have a recurring problem with lice as well, so it hits everyone. It could be a school wide problem. Almost every child gets it at least once - it is as common as the cold. I really feel sorry for the little girl. She can cut her hair short or use coconut or tea tree shampoo / conditioner to repell the buggers, as can you and your boys. It is not a big deal, a nuisance but not harmful. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web