Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Leg cramps , feet cramps
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Is it fibro or cirrhosis, AAOS said cirrhosis causes leg cramps and feet cramps, Anyone else have them
Posted on 01/26/08, 07:41 am
30 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Cirrhosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/26/08  1:23pm
" At times yes. I would suggest drinking more water and also drinking tonic water see if that helps. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/26/08  7:54pm
" Oh God yes I have cramps really bad in leg's feet calves and hands :( Lately it has been reall bad and my legs are sore for a few days AFTER they stop !!! It's strange cuz when my fingers cramp they get all twisted in wierd shape and my fingers point in all directions !!!! What do you do for yours if anything???? I sure wish there was something to do for it but ru=ight now I just ride them out and roll around on the bed and or floor till it stops !!!!...your the first person that has posted this other then when I did in my journal weeks ago... I don't know of anyone else that has cramps like this!!!!Janet "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/26/08  7:55pm
" I also have cirrhosis...don't know if it's related or not tho !!! Do you???...Janet "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/27/08  3:23am
" I had leg cramps and feet. Sometimes do bad I would have to get out of bed and walk a short bit to get them to stop at night. I have cirrhosis. I thought it was that but being on duiretics put my sodium to low and when I was taken off because the sodium low level they said that could have caused the cramps. Definetly a lot of water helps. Could be a deficiency in potassium, calcium, magnessium or vit. B6. I have read a good sports drink which has sodium and postassium it it is helpful. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/27/08  1:32pm
" Hi DDntn

I normally get them at night after a walk with the dog Sometimes Gaterade helps, Electrolites sometimes I too have to walk it off "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/27/08  10:14pm
" I have had liver disease since 1983 slowly getting worse. I have very little muscle structure left so any repeated activity causes my legs, arms, feet, hands to cramp my fingers will distort and lock up holding a fork. I also have to take tons of dieretics as I have ascidies. If I don't drink enough water the same thing happens and remember that if you drink caffine you actually need to drink twice as much water. Gotorade, V-8 are also good but with liver disease we must watch salt intake. Hope this helps or at least you know you're not alone. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/27/08  10:35pm
" Thanks, I just drink water, I use to dring just water and milk, but staying away from dairy now, since liver is inflamed. Have a good week everyone and thanks for your help. I appreciate it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/16/08  1:19am
" I get them but I think mine are caused by nerve damage in my back.
I have degenerating discs as well s cirrhosis and other problems.
This isn't the first time I read about muscles wasting away... does cirrhosis cause that or is it because you feel too bad for any exercize? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/17/08  8:28pm
" i have had leg and feet cramps for a few years , i am up now at 1 am [uk time] cos of them, i did not know it was cirihosis related, i have bad fibrosis but not diagnosed a cirrotic yet, "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 02/17/08  8:28pm
" i have had leg and feet cramps for a few years , i am up now at 1 am [uk time] cos of them, i did not know it was cirihosis related, i have bad fibrosis but not diagnosed a cirrotic yet, "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web