Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Nerve pains in hands, fingers and toes
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Have any of you experienced any sharp nerve pains, tingling, numbness in the hands, fingers and feet?

I am curious what this is about. I think it's a Thiamine deficiency. I've had this since 1/2009.

I used to drink wine excessively for 8-10 years.

Thank you for any input!

Seems like my problems are getting worse and advancing!
Posted on 10/31/12, 08:18 pm
14 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Cirrhosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #11 - 11/04/12  9:12pm
" Just a very brief reply, I'll drop back in later this week.

A lot of people mention liver pain. From what my doctors have told me, there are no pain receptors in the liver. Whenever I've had pain, that I thought was my liver, they told me it was actually the "capsule", the connective tissue surrounding the liver, particularly in the upper right quadrant of your abdominal area.

I often have pain, just under my ribs on the right side of my body. Annoying and not comfortable. When I sleep, it's usually on my stomach or my left side. I put a pillow under the right side of my body which helps a lot. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #12 - 11/05/12  8:08am
" Wilbur-I think you're on to something. I think I have Ketosis! My muscles are aching, I'm thirsty, abdomen hurting. weakness, dizzyiness, etc. I am scared and I think I'll be going to the ER. My husband is supposed to leave this am to play in a golf tournament and not sure if I should bother him or my parents.
Whatever this is my body is not happy.
I have had problems with fat metabolization, fatty lipomas for a long while and now I have put on all of this fat weight around my waist and legs and hips. I am not sure but I know that I was on a diet where I restricted the amount of carbs I ate, because of the candida problem. It's like my body needs sugar and carbs!
There's a great history of Diabetes in my family on my father's side. My dad is a borderline diabetic, and his mom was a diabetic.
Anyway, I am uncomfortable. Thank you for getting me onto this, hopefully, I make it back home today! Not sure what's in store for me as only God knows this! Thank you for your help and prayers (if you could send a few my way)! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #13 - 11/06/12  9:52am
" Marj, what you are describing is the sam symptoms that Henry had and the fullness around your waist aand in your lower body is probably ascites, the other problems sounds like the blood vessels are dilated and therefore yu are not getting the proper blood flow to your extremities. There was no liver pain with Henry, just wasting away. Henry could not have a liver biopsy for fear of bleeding out, his platelets were off and he had slow clotting of the blood, so therefore it was too dangerous to do a liver biopsy. His MELD score was not high enough when we went for the transplant evaluation so theefore they sent him back home, liver cirrhosis is a silent killer. The dizziness you are experiencing is because of the lack of nourishment to the organs and it is natural to feel dizzy in standing up or with exhertion. I do hope that this input has made some sense to you, I think of you often and may God be with you and hold you in his arms. With love and caring JB. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #14 - 11/06/12  6:55pm
" Jackie-Thank you for your input. Yes I do understand what you're saying but so far my INR/PT isn't off. It was back in 12/07 and I believe that was related to the bacterial overgrowth in my intestines that was overlooked.
I don't think I have ascites right now, but a liver that is struggling to get nutrition. I have been eating many things that are laden with fat and since I have been knocking down the ongoing candida and bad bacteria in the gut I have been able to put on some weight, fat weight. I weight 120 pounds now.
The new GI doctor I saw yesterday asked me to get an ultrasound and a blood test that has never been ordered by any of my previous GI/Hepatologists! It's called an AFP blood test! I am curious what is saying!
Do any of you understand what it's also like to have candida up in your liver? Its very uncomfortable and painful. Since the doctor's mistakenly cut my sphincter of oddi (that was caused by the bacterial overgrowth, and then this will cause the sphincter to spasm) So when I ate the ground flax seeds in 2/09 combined with the bacterial overgrowth the sphincter spasmd and caused my LFT's to go up!) After my sphincter was cut I still had the same problem with the sphincter spasming, that's why I'm concerned about whether the liver is scarred and/or the bacterial overgrowth is still around. I don't know if I'll ever find this out!
I think because I've been having the pressure and fullness under the r. ribs and the elevated ALT, the new doctor may get the Liver biopsy for me. We'll have to see! The last blood test showed my platelets were in the 160's. And the hematologist said something about me still making platelets, which is good. I am confident that the doctor's I've seen lately will be able to help get to the bottom of what's going on! Hooray! I am happy at last!
Thank you for thinking of me and continuing to pray for me! I most certainly hope your life is filled with much love and joy! Many blessings to you and your family! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web