Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Esophageal varices are gone!!!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My husband went in for his 4th endoscopy and was back in his room 15 minutes later. They are all gone! YIPPEE!!! Thank you God!
We have a GI appointment this Wednesday. I don't know what this means for his cirrhosis, but I am hoping it is good.

This was a HUGE surprise to us today. We were told last month that he would need another 3 to 7 procedures to band all the ones he had.....
Posted on 10/15/10, 05:55 pm
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Cirrhosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/15/10  6:47pm
" That is fantastic news! I was lucky enough to have my varices go away on my last endoscopy as well. They were gone. All we can do is take it one day at a time and sometimes we get these little miracles.
Congratulations. It sounds like he is doing better.
Jan "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/15/10  6:49pm
" Great news!!! Keep up the nutrition and support for him!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/15/10  8:32pm
" WOW! How does that happen? I have varices in my stomach and they want to do a T.I.P.s procedure since they cannot band them. I guess they have been getting worse/bigger every time I have the endoscopy! Any idea? My Doc at the transplant until is calling me next week to discuss with me .........
OMG! This is awesome news! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/16/10  2:35am
" If the liver is able to repair itself sufficiently then the resistance to the blood flow in the liver should drop, giving the varices a chance to get smaller, or even go away entirely. On the other hand, if the damage gets worse then the varices will too.

It would be nice to think mine would go away too, but I'm dreading another endoscopy... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/16/10  10:54am
" Wonderful news. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/16/10  3:03pm
" That's amazing, great news. I never knew that could happen. I keep learning so much from this site, wow. I am truly happy for you.
I hope you have a wonderful weekend. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/17/10  2:14am
" I am assuming that each endoscopy was for banding of the varices? If they can produce enough scar tissue with the banding it will line the walls of the esophagus and strengthen the walls so as the veins are less likely to bleed. Which is awesome- but remember that this is a temporary thing and they may reappear later in a new area or nearby. That is why the doc will still do an endoscopy yearly or every two years. I would rather have one done yearly just for peace of mind. The last thing I want is a false sense of security and let my guard down to the fear that comes with a possible variceal bleed. I will always be cautious. There is also a possibility of gastric varices.
Not trying to rain on your parade but it is really important to know that they many return! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/17/10  6:42pm
" Great news!
My doctor said I had to get them banded 3 times, and sure enough, after the third banding he took me off of the Propranolol.
Next check up. Six months. :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 10/17/10  7:22pm
" Woohoo! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 10/17/10  11:08pm
" kacc
YeeHi doing that victory dance right now. I totally understand the need to be cautious. Sounds like your Drs are on top of things. Keep up the good work. You and your husband are in my prayers.
blanche "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web