Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Headache
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Got a massive headache, how do you people handle it without aspirin or tylenol?
Posted on 11/25/08, 11:52 am
9 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Cirrhosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/25/08  2:31pm
" My transplant DR said two tylenol were ok seeing that my liver was pretty much toast anyway. I rarely take any though as they never worked before. Try heat or cold compress and maybe some soft easy meditation type sounds like the ocean or birds. Works for me when my pain is a 7-9. http://free-loops.com/download-free... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/25/08  3:54pm
" Thanks, went for the cold packs. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/25/08  11:18pm
" you can probably take up to 1000mg of tylenol/acetametiphine per day without problems ask your Doc. If you're like me it won't do a damn bit of good for any pain and never has. You are basically going to have to go without minor pain relief and use prescription pain killers sparingly when things are severe. By the way have you done anything like cut out caffine sudenly that causes massive headaches for a few days. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/26/08  7:52am
" Thanks Reed. The one thing I haven't cut off yet is caffeine, I'm drinking less coffee and more tea... I wonder if its alright to have a coke, the doc. only said to cut fat, salt and booze, so caffeine remains in the diet for now ;) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/01/08  6:43pm
" darren that little kitty of yours sure must be tired by nowlol how are you for the headaches a nice dark room cuddling up to one of the pups does the trick for me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/07/08  2:34pm
" Hi there.
Never aspirin (could causes hemorraghies). Paracetamol is best.
Te has caffeine as well as coffee.
Could be a hypoglucemia...take a banana :)
And relax you "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 12/07/08  4:10pm
" Thanks! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/03/09  9:20am
" bumping up "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/03/09  12:31pm
" This will sound strange...I know. I use to work for a Neurologist that specialized in treating migraines. He would tell patients to give this a try and often, it works and is much safer than many other options.

Get a very cold Dr. Pepper or Coke. Use a drink with caffeine, that is part of the cure. If you are diabetic, you could use sugar free.

Anyway, drink it fairly quick but avoid the cold blast thing that we call what? Brain freeze, I think? This works quite well for a lot of people and it certainly can't hurt.

HOpe you get some relief. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web