Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
Antidepressants?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Are there any that are ok for someone with cirrhosis?
Posted on 01/31/08, 05:20 pm
2 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Cirrhosis. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/31/08  6:40pm
" I have no idea if there are any that are ok. My experience is this: I was put on a very small doe of paxil (10mg) I was told it would take 2-4 weeks to notice any difference. Within 40 minutes I was totally nauseated and just wanted to curl up into a ball and sleep. I couyld function but ony if I concentrated 100% if I took my mind off of something for just a moment I was in zombie land. The next two days I cut the dose in half with the same results. At that point i made the decision to just trudge through and worked my butt off in counceling and AA. I'm not saying that is for everybody and hopefully if needed your psychiatrist and heptoligist can work together (I believe that is very important) to find something that works is safe and allows you to function. I wish you the best. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/06/08  1:30am
" I would say yes there are anti depressants that your doctor could recommend if you have cirrhosis. I do know of others with different causes of cirrhosis that take them. Can't think of any names off the top of my head but your doctor can lead you the safe direction. Good Luck. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web