Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Kratom for pain?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I would like to stress that just because Kratom is legal and natural does not mean that it is without risks. If you take too much or use it irresponsibly it can still have side effects.

I was debating whether I should post this or not, but considering how many doctors are allowing their patients to suffer without access to pain relief, I felt compelled to post about this.

Kratom is of course not going to be as strong or effective as morphine or schedule 2 narcotics, but it is way more effective than Tylenol or Naproxen, and is an option of last resort for people whose doctors force them to seek out alternatives due to their negligence.

http://www.kratom-world.com/kratom_...

Kratom Uses for Pain Relief

As Kratom is described as natural vicodin etc, it goes without saying that kratom as pain killer is an obvious concept. Kratom is an excellent, natural pain reliever without all the side effects from opiates.

Here is my Kratom as a pain killer story:

Due to side effects from a mediation I took when I was a child I developed arthritis at an early age. I was rushed to hospital when I was 14 after my right knee swelled up like a balloon over a 4 hour period. I had a very aggressive form of arthritis that came on quickly, but luckily also died off quickly. Anyway, that was some time ago and now I have arthritis in my knees, wrists and ankles. When the pain is bad I receive very effective relief from a small dose of kratom powder. I try not to use more than a couple of grams of regular kratom powder for arthritis as and when I need it.

After more extensive research into kratom as a natural pain reliever, I was astounded by what I found. I had a lengthy conversation with a lady from Canada who suffered from menstrual pain, consisting of bad back, craps and even mood swings. She discovered kratom almost a year ago and now she recommends it to all her friends. "Its amazing, I take a little in the morning and feel great all day. It helps relax me, and does a great job of relieving my pain. Kratom also helps me with my mood swings".

I recommend people to try kratom for head aches / migraine relief, back pain, stress relief, restless leg syndrome, and its great for overcoming the symptoms of the common cold. The list is extensive. Please, if you have used kratom for pain relief, please email the host of this site.

Here is a testimonial we received from Steven:

"I was in a bad wreck that nearly killed me about a year ago, i ended up with 3 compression fractures, cracked scapula and a bruised lung.. i wasn't wearing my seatbelt, but as the cab was crushed all the way in it would have killed me if i would have been.
So, i end up home after being in the hospital on morphine for a week. I was taking 20mg of hydrocodone at a time... a few months pass of that everyday all day. I need it to feel normal, I would hurt so bad even if i took 40mg of it and not be phased. So I go back to the dr. my back is worse. So i was put on oxycontin 40mgcr i took it every 12 hours. I got a tolerance to that so Id have to take 80-160mg a day and got addicted fast... he just quit prescribing anything until i get surgery.
Luckily I found kratom as a natural pain killer. I thought i'd give it a try & didn't expect much seen as how oxycontin couldn't even touch my pain.
Honestly, I was shocked. 2 grams of 15x helped a little. so i took 4 grams and it got rid of all withdraws and a lot of the pain. It has been a life saver seen as how i was thinking about killing myself to end the pain. I have 10 grams of 15x in front of me right now i just took 2 about to take 2 more grams. This has been so amazing to me. I love kratom as a pain killer."

Please email us with more testimonials, we will add to the site and send you a discount coupon for some vendors.

Here is a testimonial we received from Brennan: (May 26th 2009)

Due to a major injury a few years back, I've been trying to find an all natural, organic substance that I can take and will give all of the benefits of the other 'pain' medications out there. Indonesian Kratom is by far the greatest product that I've found in all of my researching of like products. I personally like to ingest it in powdered form, it tends to take effect faster and I've noticed that it's a far more enjoyable way to use Kratom. Indonesian Kratom is simple to take, I recommend mixing it with any type of juice, however, I find that mixing it with an orange or pineapple juice is best.

No more "big pharmaceutical" meds for me. I choose to go the natural route and use a plant that has been growing wild and harnessed for it's medicinal purposes for hundreds of years. Just because you can buy it at the local pharmacy doesn't mean that it won't work just as well (or better) as the other products on the market. Go ahead and give Indonesian Kratom a shot. It's wonderful stuff!
Posted on 12/11/09, 07:24 am
22 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Chronic Pain. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/11/09  10:46am
" Sounds like a fantastic natural relief....pity i'ts banned here in Australia. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/11/09  11:35am
" Its much weaker than the strong narcotics used in hospitals, but it does have affinity for the same receptors, so drug users in Thailand will use it as a cheaper alternative for keeping their withdrawals at bay. Because it is associated with recreational use they treat it as an illicit drug.

Perhaps people should plant Kratom trees before it gets banned. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/11/09  2:59pm
" Sentient,
Is there any assurance that the Kratom we might order would be pure and of consistent quality?

-Snake "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/12/09  4:32am
" Its just a crushed leaf, so its not like buying some drugs off the street in some obscure form that could be cut with god knows what.

There have been a few isolated reports of people pulling a scam and selling something that wasnt Kratom, but I know of a few reliable vendors.....The best way might be to order some seeds if you live in a warmer climate and grow it yourself before the DEA decides to schedule it.

I would not recommend using it as an addition to other narcotic medications. I have heard that it doesnt necessarily mix well with some of them....however, I also hear that it is excellent for preventing WDs from those medications if your doctors cut you off unexpectedly. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/12/09  8:48pm
" This is a trustworthy vendor.

http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.ph...

I would suggest educating yourself and checking for interactions with other medications before trying it though. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/13/09  10:43pm
" You know...... before trying anything please, please consult with your Doctor! A lot of this "natural products" can have adverse affects to someone taking another type of pain medication. Just because is natural does not mean that is not dangerous!

So, before ordering or taking anything like this, consult with your Doctor!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 12/13/09  10:52pm
" Here is some other Info. that I found.....

The dangers of Kratom, Mitragyna speciosa

Kratom appears to be very safe in recreational doses. A person who consumes too much Kratom will experience nausea and vomit the consumed Kratom before they're body can absorb enough alkaloids to cause an overdose. There have been conflicting statements made on the amount of alkaloids needed to cause an overdose. Some pin the number at 5 grams, while others say as little as 800 milligrams could cause an overdose. When reading this, it is important to remember that these numbers are regarding pure alkaloids and not the plant matter itself. 800 milligrams of alkaloids is relatively close to 65 grams of plant matter, depending on the potency. Also remember, an overdose does not particularly mean death, it's a range in which there are significantly higher risks of life threatening problems. There have been no documented cases of overdose.

Side effects
Consumption of Kratom does have possible side effects such as nausea, constipation, sleep problems, and temporary erectile dysfunction. Extensive use can cause some problems such as insomnia, anorexia, weight loss, darkening of skin, and dry mouth.
There are reports of a small number of Kratom users in South-East Asia experiencing more severe problems from they're extensive consumption of the plant. Problems such as hallucinations, delusional behavior, aggression and schizophrenia seemed to plague some users. Some of these users were also using drugs such as alcohol, opiates and amphetamines as well. Any one of these drugs could have caused these severe symptoms, so it would be questionable to assume that Kratom caused these problems. Some of the people who did not use other drugs did display symptoms, but these were long time users, some as much as 40 years of daily heavy consumption. It seems unlikely that users outside South-East Asia face the same risks, as most recreational users don't consume anywhere near the same amount of Kratom as people from South-East Asia. It is recommended that new Kratom users start with smaller doses to avoid potential negative effects. Avoid driving and operating heavy machinery. Use caution when mixing psychoactives substances with Kratom. There appears to be no information regarding Kratom use and interactions with MAOI’s and SSRI’s, but if you take MAOI’s, do not use Kratom. People taking SSRI’s are advised to use caution when taking Kratom. Most people taking SSRI’s report no problems with Kratom.

Addiction
As far as addiction, almost any psychoactive substance can be habit forming, and Kratom is no exception. Unlike opiates, however, Kratom does not produce a strong addiction, especially at doses generally taken outside South-East Asia. Though a tolerance can easily be built, the body does not seem to crave Kratom, or any of its active alkaloids. After prolonged use, some minor withdrawal symptoms can be noticed such as runny nose, aggression and slight muscle pains. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 12/13/09  10:58pm
" This looks like Marjuana where do you get powder form? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 12/14/09  12:20am
" Never mind my last comment, lol. I read all about kratom it sound very interesting. From your own personal experience how does it make you feel? Have you smoked it? If so what were the affects? Very curious I've always preferred natural herbs and with this disease I have the morphine takes the edge off. I don't think I could go on without pain meds. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 12/14/09  4:54pm
" Kratom is actually a stronger drug than marijuana. Its pharmacology is more similar to opiates than to marijuana.

"So, before ordering or taking anything like this, consult with your Doctor!!"

Actually, I would not recommend talking to your doctor about using this herb. You will be labeled as having drug seeking behavior since this is known to be a recreational substance. However, like the poppy, it is also used for pain relief. The same drugs which people abuse for non medical purposes have very valid uses for chronic pain sufferers.

If your doctor is willing to give you prescription pain pills, I think that is best. It is way better to get a standardized dose that is controlled and always the same from a reliable source under your doctors supervision. I only provided information about this herb because many doctors are jerks and allow their patients to suffer or suddenly cut them off of pills causing people to suffer. I dont recommend kratom as an alternative to pain medication, but as a last resort for people who dont have compassionate physicians and are likely going to be facing withdrawals and chronic pain if they dont find a solution on their own.

Patients should not have to self medicate. The doctors should just help you so you dont have to face these problems on your own. It is way better to get your medication from your doctors, but they are not doing their patients a favor by forcing them to self medicate. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web