Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
I can't sleep. I hurt too bad to sleep
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
There was yesterday not much sleep, today no sleep, and tonight no sleep. I had a couple beers. That should do it. Has in the past. Too much pain = alcohol does nothing due to adrenalin elevations.. Not a drinker. Know hops used to put me to sleep. Wish I had hops, bitter wonderful hops tea. Fall asleep. Nerves on bones doesn't allow. Griping, I guess. Maybe asking advice. No cookies. Took a sleeping pill last night which gave only a few hours sleep. God love we who feel the intensity of true physical pain. It is enormous and inconceivable to those who don't feel it. Blessings to all my friends here.
Posted on 08/29/13, 01:01 am
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Chronic Pain. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/29/13  2:44am
" Join in the crowd. I am up watching TV. I can't drink beer. It is not gluten free. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/29/13  2:49am
" Sunny,

Not exactly beer, and don't know if you like hot dogs, but found out today that Oscar Mayer Angus Beef Hot Dogs are Gluten Free. I always think of you when I learn of a new product that's Gluten Free and try to remember to pass it on.

Hope you get some zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz's soon.

Kat "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 08/29/13  3:40am
" I am up too but not due to pain...two cups of decaf coffee at 6:30pm AA meeting did me in...

Sunny have you seen the new GF Chex commercials on TV>? I really wonder if they are authentically GF? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/29/13  4:18am
" Bill,

If they advertise and say on the box that they're Gluten free, then they're Gluten Free. They can't risk possibly killing people and millions and millions of dollars in lawsuits to lie about something like that. They're regulated by the FDA. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/29/13  3:27pm
" Someimes I tell myself that it isn't that I'm up losing sleep..but that I'm just making my day longer than others :) (ok so it's pitiful encouragement) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 08/29/13  4:55pm
" I do gluten, not often, but I do. Didn't know beer had gluten. I thought bread was gluten. What do I know? Pain isn't easing up, I'm not much like a human being, look like a dirty street lady. Don't think I've brushed my hair in a couple days. Oh well. This will pass. It has to. Pain cannot stay this intense for this long. It can't. Missed doctor appt today. In no shape to go, re-scheduled for next week. It will be better than this intolerable level by then. Took 2 sleeping pills last night. Got 3 hours sleep. This is ridiculous, and sometime it will be funny. Just not this day, not yet. Working up to it. Thanks for listening. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 08/30/13  9:48am
" I slept. With ice on my neck, heating pad on my back. I'm not refreshed, per se, but if I can get another night like last night I know I'll feel much better. Thank you for listening. Hey, I haven't looked in the mirror. Maybe I look human. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web