Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Lumbar radiculopathy - no known cause
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone else here have lumbar radiculopathy? I've had it for 3 years, it's gotten progressively worse, and the many doctors that I've seen don't know what caused it. After 25+ treatments, I'm losing hope that I'll ever be able to find relief and resume my life. Currently I'm trying Bowenwork manual therapy, but don't want to get my hopes too high.

Do others here have chronic pain that has gone undiagnosed for years?

Thanks,
L
Posted on 02/02/13, 05:42 am
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Chronic Pain. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/02/13  8:10am
" Have you ever had a MRI? Something should show up there. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/02/13  8:28am
" Yes, I had pain that went undiagnosed for over 10 years before someone put a name to it. I went through multiple tests and it wasn't until I went to Johns Hopkins and went through testing there that they found what was wrong. My problem didn't show up until they used specialized equipment.

I have a rare disease and apparently something else that is rare so I am about to go back there to hash it out again. My best advice--don't give up; keep pressing or changing docs til you find a good one with answers. IF they tell you everything is normal and you don't feel normal or know you are sick do NOT accept that. Keep looking until you find a doc willing to be thorough. I did, and it saved my life:) Good luck to you!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 02/02/13  9:22am
" Lespoir I hope that you find help and get better. My prayers are with you. Angela "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 02/02/13  11:22am
" Lespoir,
To be honest, I had never heard of this so I googled it and found it can have so many causes, and finding the actual cause of it is essential in the treatment. Have you had an MRI or CT? Have the doctors identified the root cause of it?:

From what i read, with treatment the outlook is good. But you have to have the right treatment based on the cause.

And I had pain for many years before i was diagnosed with lupus and fibro. Thankfully, the RSD was identified relatively quickly and the mgt.has been appropriate. now i have new pain that i have no idea where it's coming from. I see my pm doc on Tuesday and hopefully will have an answer.

I hope you can find the answers you need soon.

Sandy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 02/02/13  9:47pm
" I have had pain for more than 60 years. So I know how you feel.
Not sure about the condition you mention. But you are among frineds. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/02/13  11:09pm
" Hi L,
welcome to DS I haven't seen you before so welcome
6 yrs here going to the mayo clinic the 21st to try and sort it out
don't give up
good luck
tori "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/02/13  11:42pm
" Radiculopathy is any disease that affects the spinal nerve roots. A herniated disk is one cause of radiculopathy. This is what my Dad's report states as he has had lumbar radiculopathy for years along with his arthritis in his spine. He is 87 and when it was first discoved decades ago they didn't have the tools we have now for treatment.

Good luck and welcome! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web