Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
been hurting
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Arthritis pain as set in . Dose anyone know what natural things act as anti inflammatory fish oil is good hugs minnie it been crazy here hugs minnie
Posted on 11/20/12, 08:43 am
6 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Chronic Pain. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/20/12  8:49am
" Awwww....... Sorry your hurting Minnie....
Hope things settle down a bit,,, not really clued up on the natural remedies, so hope something comes up to helps...
Gentle (((Hugs))) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/20/12  9:31am
" I have a book called the food bible by Gillian McKeith. It has great tips for all sorts of problems. She list Osteoarthritis seperatley to Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Both types she says have different foods that triggers inflamation and avoiding them is as important as eating the good stuff.

What type do you have?
Janine "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/20/12  12:06pm
" osto mostly in my spine im allergic to to all anti inflammatory they make my heart act wired . i have in my hands i think there bi level osto i think it started in my throactic area as well i know i have sever arthritis of the neck and sever in si joints i think they called formal arthritis not right spelling hugs minnnie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/20/12  12:21pm
" min, if you can take baths, espom salts in a warm bath are very helpful at relieving osteo pain. there's a good site i'll post. also arnica cream or in any form is helpful. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/20/12  12:23pm
" http://www.saltworks.us/salt_info/epsom-uses-benefits.asp

hope you get relief soon. hugs! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/20/12  1:11pm
" OK it says for Osteo.

Avoid cold and damp- you probably knew that already

Focus on :-
oily fish - samon, mackerel, sardines, pilchards, herrings, trout & halibut.
nuts & seeds especially walnuts, pumpkin seeds, flax, hemp and their cold-pressed oils,
Fruits:- these are high in anti inflamatory nutrients and can help alkalize the body. Aethritis is often a sign of acidity in the tissues. Eat two to three pieces of fruit a day between meals on an empty stomach.
Vegetables:- these are also alkalizing and anti-inflammatory. Eat two to three portions of vegetables with lunch and dinner. Some should be eaten raw.
Sulphur-rich foods:- to repair damage and aid absorbtion, asparagus, eggs, garlic and onions
Green vegetables for vitamin K and folic acid.
Whole grains, such as brown rice, whole wheat and rye to remove excess metals from the body. Those with arthritis often have high levels of copper and iron.
Fresh Pineapple, which contains the enzyme bromelain can help reduce inflammation, Eat the core of the pineapple as this is where most of the enzymes lie.
Fibre from whole grains, flax seeds and pulses as this removes waste from the body.
AVOID!!!!
white potatoes, peppers, chillies, aubergines, tomatoes and tabacco. These members of the nightshade family contain solanine which can promote inflammation.
Wheat, dairy foods, eggs and chocolate to which you may be intolerant ( I'm just copying out the book not sure why eggs are listed as a + & - food).

Saturated fat from meat & dairy products can have an inflammatory effect . Especiall avoid processed meats such as ham, bacon, salami, sausages, burgers and pepperoni.
Tea, coffee, wine and spinach can contain oxalic acid which can increase acidity and worsen inflammation.
Salt, sugar, refined carbohydrates and processed foods can also be detrimental to health and can increase weight inflammation.

There is another page of stuff on herbs etc. but my fingers are sore.
Hope this helps a little.
Janine "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web