Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Lyrica & Gabapentin - What Dosage for Relief
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
For those of you who are getting good relief form nerve pain with either Gabapentin, Neurontin, or Lyrica, may I ask what dosage you were on?

I have gotten very little relief from either drug. Maybe my doses were not adequate?

Thanks and Hugs all around,
Cindy
Posted on 03/08/12, 01:35 pm
13 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Chronic Pain. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/08/12  1:53pm
" I was on neurotonin 2700 mgs/day and it only relieved my minor aches and pains not the bad ones. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/08/12  1:56pm
" Hi Cindi,

I am on the top dose of lyrica, 300 mg twice a day. I have had enormous relief but sometimes I do get a little sleepy. I was without if for a week--mail order prescription and the mail was late due to the holiday a couple of weeks ago. I just about died.

Gabapentin made me gain weight and did not control my pain the way lyrica has. The effect on my weight has been minimal.

All the best ot you, hon.

Big hugs,

Melinda "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/08/12  3:24pm
" I was on 3200 mg of neurontin at one time. I have since come off of it entirely, but it worked pretty well for me.

Trileptal worked the best for the pain, however it made me too sleepy to function.

Topomax was the best of both worlds, but had to stop it too because of eye pressure problems.

T "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/08/12  3:32pm
" Hi Cindi,
I'm on the top dosage of Lyrica- 600mg a day. It helps a lot with my fibro pain but does nothing for the RSD pain. Lyrica doesn't work for everyone, a rheumatologist told me. I hope it helps at a higher strength for you.
I don't have any side effects from the Lyrica, which I suppose I'm lucky.
Sandy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/08/12  4:51pm
" Hi,

I am on Gabapentin and I take 200 MG twice daily and it is working really well for me. I have lost weight, not gained weight. I have no other side effects either. I did let it lapse at one point and the nerve pain came back, so it is doing it's job. I am extremely grateful for the comfort it gives me.

Hugs, Cathy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 07/25/12  1:43pm
" I take gabapentin 100 mg a day but I just started last week. Any large dosage makes me violently sick. This drug is a beast I have to say. Hopefully I can become able to take a much higher dosage soon.

http://gabapentindosage.com/ "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 07/25/12  2:06pm
" I'm currently on 600mg of Lyrica/day. I didn't realize how much it helped until I ran out of it and was out of it for 2 days. Also, I tried to drop the dose to 475mg/day, but the pain was horrible.

I started taking it at 300mg/day, but increased it last year to my current dose.

Perhaps you can try the higher dose and it will help.
Sandy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 07/25/12  10:06pm
" I was up to 3600 mg/day of gabapentin and it wasn't helping so we switched to tegretol. It was a good move for me.

I hope you find that magic combination that works for you.

Hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 07/26/12  1:54am
" Hi Cindy. I have been on Lyrica for about 3 yrs now. I am currently on 150mg twice a day. I still have really bad sciatica/nerve pain and I thought the Lyrica wasn't doing any good, so I told my dr. and tapered off. About 2 weeks later, my pain just sky-rocketed and I realized the Lyrica must have been helping to an extent. So I discussed it with my dr. and he put me back on it at the same dose. He said in about a month, we will go up to 300 mg twice a day...I think that's max dosage. I do think these type meds are dose-dependent, so you might be right in saying they may not be adequate dosages.

I've never tried Neurontin (I think same as Gabapentin). I think you should talk to your dr. about your options, but I know what helps some people, don't do a thing for another.

I hope you get some relief soon! Hugs back to you... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 07/26/12  4:06am
" I take 5400 mg a day of Gabapentin and get pretty good relif from it.. I recently just called the Dr to ask if I could increase it though since my ankle is still bothering me . other wise it works pretty well for me. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web