Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Legit Work from home job
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I received a call from NTI over a month ago. They said they got my name from SSDI and wanted me to apply for work. This is a government program called Ticket to Work. I applied online then I recieved an email to call for assessment which I just did. The jobs are customer service telecommunication positions 20 to 40 hours a week.

My concern is my last job which I truly loved was sales rep for HSN from home. I became disabled because I can't sit or stand for 15 minutes without a break. At my hearing for SSDI the vocational rehabilitation guy said there was no position anywhere in the world that I could perform. So why did they call me? I'd love to be able to work 20hrs a week but I don't know if I can handle it. I want to try but I don't want to jepordize my SSDI it took 2 years to get it. I lost everything waiting for it.

Any advice is needed. If your in Tennessee and want info about this call NTI at 1-877-248-8912.

Healing hugs to all
Posted on 11/28/11, 11:42 am
6 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Chronic Pain. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/28/11  11:47am
" Do you have to be in Tennessee to work for them? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/28/11  12:37pm
" Can't say for sure but I thought that once you were approved you are "safe". And that you can work up to a certain amount before they reduce your check.

I know my LTD insurance has a program similar to what you are describing. They provide some training and will let you try working without jeopardizing your benefits. I was hoping to do this after my SSD hearing in January. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/28/11  1:22pm
" I think anyone that's disabled can do this. Check it out on www.ssa.gov then type in search engine ticket to work. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/01/11  3:58pm
" Lucky lady!!!!!!!!! I interviewed with them and they didn't choose me. They are legit! BVR (govt. agency) got me the interview. Go for it!!!
Anne "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/02/11  2:24am
" I was hoping I could do the job. But they said I'm to disabled to perform the jobs they have. I can only sit or stand for 15 mins then I have to switch up and take a break. Non of the employers they work with are willing to work with me at this time. Well I guess that's that. Maybe I can get motivated to start selling on Ebay again. If anybody needs designer jeans let me know.

Hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/02/11  7:44am
" If you take the job and can work it then I am afraid you will hurt your SSDI and may get it taken away if you can work and then if the job is less pay then what you get then you are out of luck and what if then after a month or so you find out you can't do it and then what have to re apply after. So can you say no that you will not be able to do it or will you get in trouble for saying no? "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web