Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Mobic/Meloxicam
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
My brother was given this today for pain. I have never taken it and was wondering if any of you have. I have taken so many pain pills and NOTHING helps. They want to do steroid injections again in my back. I have nerve damage and am taking Lyrica (3 times a day...150 mg). I am allergic to Morphine and all by products. I cannot take Vicodene but I can take Ultracet. I take Soma (the generic) and Hydrocodone. Nothing seems to help. On a whim I bought Equate brand Arthritis Medication and it helped so much that I was able to do major spring cleaning but now I am without energy once again since the weather change. I live by myself and have to be able to take care of my pets much less myself. I know this is long but I desperately need help as I don't want any more steroids or surgeries. I have had three on my back and two were major. The fussion took, praise God!! but they had to go inside a year later and take out the hardware. Before that I developed an infection in my back and it opened up. For the life of me I cannot remember the name but it is what the spinach caused. I suffered with this for over a year and had to give myself treatments of antibiotics. My doctor at that time told me I have a bone disease and the orthopedic doctor said my bones have shrunk since the last surgery. I try not to think of what could have happened but believe that God has had His protective arms around me all this time. My injury was work related...the company left me the industrial two wheel dolly and took the cheaper one to a convention....they didn't want the expensive one stolen. I loaded two 50 lb boxes of copier paper on the dolly and when I pulled back the damage was done. This happened five years ago and I was terminated. I have gone thru 10 physical therapy programs to which I have to laugh at. I am now going to a chronic pain doctor. As a note to those of you who are referred to one, don't make a mistake like I did with the first one. They kept me so doped up for a year and I missed out on a lot. Anyways I will stop here and ask for others to share any use of mobic/meloxicam for pain. Thanks and may you have a pain free day!!! It is heaven on earth when we do have that in our life. I am just glad that I am a widow because at times I cannot stand myself!!
Posted on 04/03/07, 01:15 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Chronic Pain. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/03/07  8:56pm
" I would be very careful of this medication it can cause gastric hemorrage, my mother took it and they think this is what happened she died from it.

Julie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/04/07  7:39am
" All meds have possible risks and side effects. What my help one person, may cause side effects for another.
I am taking it (anti-inflammatory). I had been on Naproxen, it was hard on my stomach but meloxicam hasn't been. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/04/07  10:00am
" I had E-Coli and I thought I was going to die from that. I would have had I decided not to mention it again to my original doctor. Thanks for the comments on this drug. I think I am going to go ahead and ask for it if it seems to help my brother. He has had back, shoulder, and knee pains and is still fighting social security....another subject all its own!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/22/08  12:22pm
" hi all... this is confusing. I did a search on DS for the drug Meloxicam for my hubby. He was prescribed this recently for diabetes or so he thought. I'll also check out the site online for Meloxicam, but would appreciate opinions and advice from anyone who can help.

Happy Holidays... let's all get better for 2009! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web