Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
grounding mat-David Wolfe
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Anyone used a grounding/ earthing mat/ any opinions? Okay, so I come from a family of physicians, but in my desperation to try to treat my chronic pain (two bulging discs in lower back) I am looking into alternative medicine. Well a friend showed me this very powerful David Wolfe (leading alternative medicine guy) video about using "grounding" to treat chronic pain, based on the theory that most chronic pain these days is caused by inflammation. I started doing some research and found this link to an alternative/ complementary medicine article http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/...
There are apparently studies showing that an earthing mat might help with chronic pain- the basic idea being that you are getting electrons from the earth, which neutralize the positively charged free radicals that are responsible for chronic inflammation. Sitting with your feet on this mat is supposedly like walking on the ground barefoot. Well I bought this mat for about $60 from http://www.shop.earthing.net/ and so far used it for two days while sitting at the computer - probably not long enough to get all the toxins out of my body, but I do feel like I am experiencing a minor reduction in pain. I realize that this might be purely psychological.
Well for what it's worth, I thought I would share this with you.
Posted on 01/25/11, 06:48 pm
5 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Chronic Pain. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/25/11  7:04pm
" Thank You for sharing. I too look at alternative treatments to help me relieve my pain and also to help with other health problems.

Once you have used this for awhile please update us on how it is working for you.

Hugs & Prayers,
Mary "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/25/11  7:11pm
" Personally, I'm a little leery of these things that are sold retail only because I figure if they are THAT good, then the therapists and doctors would be using them too.

I just get scared I'm throwing good money away by ordering stuff like that. But that's just me. LOL "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/25/11  8:13pm
" Sweetie,

I went in for that for awhile. Spent a boat load of money on these kinds of things. It did NOT work for ME.
That is not to say it will not work for you. You may have a different problem that me.

If it does work, please - PLEASE let us know. I'd try something like this again if a couple people I trust told me that it actually relieved pain.

Thanks for the info
Sunny "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/26/11  3:02am
" Honey, I agree with Leeall and Sunny...... If you want to help your back, go for proven methods that have been around since dirt! Do some mild yoga, accupunture, massage, a treadmill, walking, etc. Try not to spend too much money on these stuff........... Take care! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/26/11  12:47pm
" i well look into this thankyou hugs minnie "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web