Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
New Mri Results
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Thorasic Mri, what do you think it all means? THe T3-4 through T8-9 disc shows decreased T2 properties. T5-6 through T7-8 are narrowed. Additional findings as described. T5-6 Right dic herniation extends to and effaces the adjacent cord, unchanged. T6-7 Buldging annulus does not effect the cord, unchanged. T7-8 end plated are quite irregulas. Right disc extrusion extends to and effaces the edjacent cord, unchanged. T8-9 Right disc protrution extends nearly to the cor, unchanged. IMPRESSION: Prominent disc herniations at T5-6 through T8-9, as described unchanged from the previous This indicated disc degeneration and is also unchanged. What does this all mean for me.
Posted on 04/12/11, 02:04 pm
3 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Chronic Pain. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/14/11  3:15am
" It definitely explains your pain. Hope you get some relief soon.

Healing hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/14/11  4:50am
" I have been studying away to better understand mine. I can use what I think I know for you. I am no radiologist remember.

T3-4 thru T8-9 shows decreased T2 properties.

MRIs have T1, T2 and I forget the name of the other one, anyway they are different contrast in the image, Basically what this is saying the discs are darkening and that usually means some level of degeneration. Usually the disc is starting to lose hydration and may indicate further degeneration.

T5-6 thru T78 are narrowed-

oddly phrased. I believe they are talking the central canal where the spinal nerves pass. This is narrowed but doesn't say how much or if it is concerning yet. This seems to be saying you have stenosis.

T5-6 Right disk herniation extends to and effaces the adjacent cord, unchanged

There is a herniation that I believe is effecting the spinal cord. This hasn't changed since your last MRI

t6-7 Bulging annulus does not effect cord, unchanged

Bulging disc that is not effect the cord and has not changed since last MRI

T7-8 end plated are quite irregular. Right disc extrusion extends to and effaces the edjacent cord, unchanged.

On this one the endplates or bottom and top of the vertebrae are degenerated. here the disc has torn and disk matter has escaped and is effecting the spinal cord. This has not changed since last MRI.

T8-9 Right disc protrution extends nearly to the cord, unchanged.

This is a smaller herniation that is not quite touching the cord. This has not changed since last MRI

MPRESSION: Prominent disc herniations at T5-6 through T8-9, as described unchanged from the previous This indicated disc degeneration and is also unchanged.

Basically there has not been any significant changes since your last MRI. The good news is that your herniations have not gotten worse. You have a narrowing of the space where the spinal cord passed through the spine. The herniations and bulging is causing the narrowing and you may have nerve effects causing pain on the path that the affected nerves travel. Could also cause pins and needles or numbness or weakness. It would seem you would feel symptoms on the right side.

I hope this helps. I believe your dx remains the same.

Good luck, Barbara "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/14/11  6:49am
" Thank You, actually most of the pain is on the left, I would of thought the ride side also. When the Dr. showed me the MRI he showed me this spot that was in the spinal canal but he wasnt sure what it was so he was waiting for the radiology report. I dont see amything abput that spot. DAM-IT. If it was anything he would call, he said if I didnt hear from hime it was nothing, ya right its something it's there idiot. How do I know the radiologist didnt see that spot. That happened to me on my ct for stones, even the tec after that test asked me if I ever had stones, because that is was she see's.I hadnt but DR calls says it's normal one month later in ER with lodged stone's had 2 surgeries, maybe if this was seen in the first place no surgery would of been needed. Bo to I Rant. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web