Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
CFS and College
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I am a full time college student who has attended community college for the past four years; yes four. I have struggled with fibromyalgia through it all but have succeeded and was recently accepted into a prestigious mathematics and physics program at a university. The problem is that I was just diagnosed with CFS about a month or two ago and even though I know how to deal with fibro and school I am not sure how to deal with CFS and school. I want to continue because I don't want to give up after all of my hard work, but I am not sure how to go about it. I already talked with the university and their disabilities program is going to accommodate me but does anyone have any suggestions about what accommodations might help me because I have no idea. They have a van service that will take me from class to class so that I don't have to wear out walking across campus but can anyone think of anything else? The advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
Posted on 05/26/10, 11:38 am
1 Reply Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 05/26/10  6:27pm
" I am having a similar problem with high school and i think its great you arnt giving up it takes a lot of motavation for me not to drop out. but what helps me with school is to go less hours because if i go to many hours i am much worst for the next two days. this might take longer to graduate but you could have a little bit more of a normal experiance, to be able to hang out with your friends and stuff. i hope this helps and i will be praying for you. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web