How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear

Children Of Divorced Parents Information

This community is for the children of divorce, both for adult children who have lived through a divorce as well as parents concerned about the effects of divorce on their children.

Children of divorced parents (those entirely from unhappy families) are reported to have a higher chance of behavioral problems than those of non-divorced parents (a mix of happy and unhappy families). Studies have also reported the former to be more likely to suffer abuse than children in intact families, and to have a greater chance of living in poverty. A 2002 article in Clinical child and Family Psychology Review discusses a variety of health consequences for children of the unhappy couples that do divorce. Since by definition all children of divorced parents had lived in unhappy homes, children report numerous unhappy experiences. Numerous subjects said things like "I saw some of the things my parents did and know not to do that in my marriage and see the way they treated each other and know not to do that to my spouse and my children. I know [the divorce] has made me more committed to my husband and my children." Ahron's method of asking adult children of divorce how they feel about it also has the well-known weaknesses of "self-report" studies.

Health Blogs

Posted in Bullying by Doctor Oz on Apr 08, 2014
Bullying may be a power-trip, but people don't bully because they're powerful. In this video, celebrity television host and Dr. Oz Show guest Tyra Banks talks about the deep-seated reasons people bully, and how an understanding of that dynamic can help victims of bullying feel stronger. Check it out on Sharecare.com by clicking here: ... Read More »
Since August 2012, at least five Californian children have developed a new alarming paralyzing illness. Though the cause of the illness, which has been described as polio-like, is unknown, health officials are currently investigating up to 25 suspected cases. Researchers do not believe the culprit is actually poliovirus, which has been ... Read More »
So in my previous 3 articles regarding children and divorce, I first discussed how to share the news of a divorce with your children. I then highlighted some of the ... Read More »

Member Photos

Advertisement

Latest Activity