Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Diapers
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have a 13 y/o sons with severe CP. He is in diapers. He is on the floor alot, because he belly crawls & rolls & enjoys it more than his w/c. He holds his urine so when he does urinate, he goes alot and leaks from his diapers. We even put 2 pads in the diaper. His clothes and the carpet get soaked. Does anyone have suggestions or know of a GOOD diaper that really works for non-ambulatory kids?
Posted on 02/24/08, 01:51 am
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Cerebral Palsy. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 02/26/08  12:26am
" wow! if he talks/communicates can he let u kno when he wants to go? or needs changing? I would ask dr what to do GL
God Bless
chip "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 02/26/08  1:28am
" My friend has a sister who is paralyzed and she uses Depends. From what she says they do alright. But she only uses them when she goes out. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/02/08  1:18pm
" I would suggest talking with your doctor and/or a physical therapist. If this continues, you night want to talk with a urologist about other options such as medications or using a catheter.

Good luck to you.

Jim "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/03/08  10:05am
" My 11 year old wore Depends.
They had the most secure fit of all we tried. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/17/08  10:35pm
" Your best option would be to get a Foley Catheter placed. This is more work for you and also there is a risk for infection if the urine gets backed-up into the ureter.

It will be important to change the catheter daily and then also watch the bag for urine collection-empty it often.

He will have no choice but to empty-it will automatically. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/24/09  3:47pm
" if you are looking for a real good diaper you could trythe Secuere X-Plus

http://www.securepersonalcare.com/b... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/02/09  3:34pm
" We are still able to use the Tranquility brand, but we use the overnight diapers with pads. For our son, we have found that turning the pads sidewise helps better than lengthwise between the legs. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/11/09  2:12am
" hey there. my daughter is 22 and has a supprapubic tube placed. this is surgically placed in the abdomenal area. it is a foley catheter and she wears a cath bag. i only suggest this because you said that your son holds his urine. you may be interested in checking with a urologist to see if he has a neurogenic bladder, or if his urine backwashes into his kidneys or other issues. and medication can help in alot of things. indwelling caths in a male.. or in/out cathing a person can develop lots of uti's. supprapubic catheter cuts themmdown by 40%. hope i helped. don't be scared cause everything will be fine. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web