Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
barilla plus pasta
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
any of you tried it? made without wheat, however, has some oat in it. ate a small handfull the other night and felt ok, bit one can't get full on that. anybody have any suggestions?
Posted on 01/27/08, 01:21 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Celiac Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/27/08  2:50pm
" I could be wrong on this, but you might want to re-read the label. From what I've heard it contains semolina, in addition to a grain and legume flour blend that has lentils, chick peas, oats, spelt, barley, egg whites, ground flax seed and wheat fiber. If those are the true ingredients, it's far from gluten-free. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/27/08  5:23pm
" This pasta in not GF...CalGal is correct. They even list wheat in the allergen section.

Below are the ingredients:
I
NGREDIENTS:
Semolina, grain and legume flour blend (lentils, chick peas, oats, spelt, barley, egg whites, ground flaxseeds and wheat fiber), niacin, ferrous lactate (iron), thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid.
Contains: Wheat and Egg Ingredients. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/29/08  3:07pm
" thanks for clarifying. had not seen the ingredientlist myself. i guess it pays to doublecheck everything "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/31/08  5:35pm
" tinkyada.com
they have amazing rice noodles. you can find them at a lot of grocery stores too! they're the closest thing to real noodles we'll ever have!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/31/08  7:24pm
" Slasher,
That's mostly what I eat the brown rice noodles. There is also another brand of pasta call bi-aglut but it's $10.99 a pacakge. Quite expensive but it tastes just like wheat pasta. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 02/01/08  6:22pm
" Glutin free food will "break the bank", but i am a celiac that can eat oats. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/01/08  10:59pm
" Best gluten free pasta I have found ( and I eat alot of it )
is Tinkyada Pasta Joy- Fettuchini style. 2.49 14 oz pk.made of rice bran.They have a web site.
Alot of places have brown rice pastas. If your regular store doesn`t have them,try
a market like Wild Oats or
Trader Joes, or an Asian Market. Or check the Asian aisle in a reg store and try some of the Asian rice noodles. Or you can order them online. But the ones at Trader Joe`s are only 1.79 for 1 lb. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web