Celiac allergic to corn soy nuts/seeds nightshades
Celiac, grain sensitive, allergic to corn soy nuts/seeds nightshades pineapples and mangoes and lactose intolerant completely. Love geek yogurt but my dr told me need to eliminate casein too.

WOW!! A lot of stuff. Can you relate?

Would be very grateful for any and all suggestions what to eat.
Posted on 02/16/12, 03:08 am
Reminder: This is a support group for Celiac Disease. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 02/16/12  8:17pm
" Have you ever looked into fermented foods or whole, raw foods? Here is one website that I found.
http://www.nourishingdays.com/2009/... "
Reply #2 - 02/28/12  10:53pm
" On DS go to the vegetarian group and look for recipes to make dairy free cheese. I have posted several on there and the name of the book they came from. That particular cookbook has a lot of different cheese recipes dairy free. "
Reply #3 - 03/04/12  5:55am
" Gluten intolerance is being linked to all Gluten, including corn. Cassein and dairy intolerance is one of the first connections they found. My friend has terrible migraines and to date she has eliminated almost every food group, except some veggies and protein. For her CD/gluten intolerance has been a death sentence, because she used to love to cook and now she can't eat anything without having some sort of reaction, whether it be gastric or a major migraine. She has found vit d3 in high doses is helping with the migraines but still nothing has worked for the gastric issues she suffers from. In some aspect I think we all suffer gastrically whether we have stopped eating gluten or not. I have BRD-Bile Reflux Disorder, which I think is far worse then CD. But do what you can to find foods that you can eat and create a "comfort zone" listing of foods and stick to them. "
Reply #4 - 03/10/12  3:59am
" Thank you very much everybody!!
I do find it isolating well in social situations it makes things hard like just going out with everyone or new people if there is a meal involved.
Do you have trouble with this? "
Reply #5 - 03/10/12  9:36pm
" Going to a new restaurant makes me a little apprehensive, and I often just order a salad. If I'm going to a covered dish get-together, I take what I know is safe and make sure I eat what I bring. If I'm going to someone's home, I take something along if I know them well. But if it's someone with whom I'm not well-acquainted, then I eat ahead of time so as not to be hungry. Hope these ideas help. "
Reply #6 - 03/11/12  3:58am
" Thank you guys! I have hypoglycemia so when I go out with people I always have to eat. If they are eating in a place which doesn't permit you to eat your own, I can't go. It's really hard for groups and get togethers with people I don't know, cause they start to ask me so many questions about food and I get self conscious.
What do you think would be a graceful way to change the topic
Or explain so we could move on?
Thank you everybody much appreciated your words
Hugs! "
Reply #7 - 03/11/12  6:07pm
" Each of us deals with difficult situations differently. However, for me, I tend to deal with things "head on," but try to do it nicely. Think about what you could say in a difficult situation ahead of time, and then rehearse/practice it over and over until you are comfortable with it. Then when the situation arises, you won't feel so stressed in dealing with it. Best wishes to you! "
Reply #8 - 03/12/12  9:39pm
" Sowie......I am just like your friend......I had a biopsy and it was negative however I carry the genes for Celiac and was diagnosed with IBS........but I have terrible wheat intolerance and corn really sets me off.....my stomach is now so sensitive I can only eat proteins and some veggies too. I like your idea of creating a comfort zone list of foods to eat.....its so very hard to stick to what we know we can eat and I'm just glad I'm not alone "
Reply #9 - 03/13/12  9:44am
" Debski, I can't tell you how many times I was told I had IBS--when I actually had CD and BRD--Please do not settle for an IBS diagnosis--there is a reason you are having problems, and if they can't find anything physical to tell you why they just group you in the IBS category and forget about you. Pursue other foods that most likely are causing you pain and agony. Do not settle on the IBS diagnosis, you will be doing yourself a grave in justice. Keep record on everything you eat and when your symptoms occur, because not all the time do the symptoms appear shortly after you eat it, sometimes it can be days later. That is what makes it so frustrating to figure out. "
Reply #10 - 03/13/12  10:26am
" rainbowoilspill, I meant to add that if you are intolerant or allergic to soy you will want to becareful when eating out because most rest. use butter blends and oil blends on the grills and in the food--most of those blends contain soy. If they tell you soy nuts, most likely its all soy products. "