Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
nerve conduction test (EKG test) ??
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I have had a test on both my hands but I would like to hear from people that have also had nerve conduction tests for their carpal tunnel. Have you found it to be accurate. Are they medically regarded as accurate. I would value all your opinions. Thanks
Posted on 03/12/10, 12:41 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/12/10  9:19pm
" I would like to know too. I just got results on a nerve conduction test for my feet. I was told my results are "normal". So does that mean I just wasted my time?? Where do I go from here? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/13/10  5:14am
" I have had the tests on both hands and Yes, Its Very Accurate. It led to me having surgery on both hands and NOW , Ta DA! My hands never go to sleep nor hurt! I highly recommend the surgery! One thing I will say, Dont get both done at the same time. I didnt and IM glad. Theres just a few days of discomfort, but theres about 6 weeks of healing process to get back to normal! Hey! Hope this helps! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/13/10  4:05pm
" Yes, twice. First time dr was looking for something else but it came back as carpal tunnel, mild at the time. Went back a 2nd time still for another reason but they were also looking to check out the carpal tunnel. A few weeks later I had my 1st surgery, 3 months later I had the other hand done. All my pain and symptoms disappeared, wished they paid closer attention the first time. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 08/24/10  11:38pm
" I has the test and the result was normal. The doctor that diagnosed me with carpal tunnel said that 70% of people that have carpal tunnel have a "normal" result from that test. I got a shot in my wrist. It worked for about 5 months but now the pain and numbness is back. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 08/26/10  5:56pm
" Darloonie, it is time for another visit to your doc and be reassessed. CTS can progress and worsen over time, especially depending on the type of work you do. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/03/10  11:38pm
" You know it's actually gotten better. I have no idea why. Could pregnancy affect it? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/06/10  8:03am
" I had a conduction test done on both hands last summer as I was absolutely being driven crazy with numbness in my hands - especially the right one. The test revealed that I had severe CT in my right hand and mild in the left. Towards the end of the summer, I just couldn't bear the right hand anymore. I was tormented. I was on a waiting list for the operation. (UK).

I had a wee operation where I was awake. I have not looked back since. The operation was 100% successful. I feel so fortunate that I had the operation and that it was successful. My left hand has been well behaved since I had the right done. I do have the option to have it done too if there are any problems.
Jacqui "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web