Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
showering with copd
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
This is kind of funny. I have gotten out of breath in the shower for a long time, so when I got oxygen I figured if I took it in the shower with me it might help and it did. Then I quit smoking and don't use the oxygen a whole lot during the day so I debated whether or not to try a shower with no oxygen. I finally decided not to take the chance. I took my shower and got dressed and when I left the room I realized my oxygen tank wasn't even turned on. That made my day
Posted on 09/28/07, 01:06 pm
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for COPD & Emphysema. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/28/07  8:08pm
" Thats awesome! Congratulations on quitting smoking! That was the hardest thing I ever did in my whole life, so I know how huge it is. Maybe youo'll have other improvements in your life and daily living??? Good luck to you! JOAnn "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/28/07  9:06pm
" I know most of you are shower people, but I'm a bath person. If I were on oxygen I would just take a bath with the nose hose in place. With just me and my hubby, I wouldn't have to close the door either for a big buildup of humidity. Lastly, I would stand up and just take a minute to rinse myself off. My mom never allowed showers in our house during my growing up years. She was a fantatic housekeeper and didn't want to deal with the buildup of scale/scum on the shower doors or the walls. In my case, it was a good thing. Happy Friday evening all! Love you! ~Charlotte the pensionprincess1 "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/28/07  11:39pm
" That's great, maybe now you may like to try going to your local YMCA for and low water arthritis class it will help build up your lungs, you work at your own pace. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/29/07  10:06pm
" i was waiting for you to say you had your hoses running down your pant leg! i've done that a couple of times. managed to dress with the hose inside the clothing! good job on the stop smoking thing! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/16/07  6:34pm
" I have found that I have to turn the oxygen up to 10 during the shower and only thing saving me from dropping is using a heavy robe to dry most of the water off of me.
Your stop smoking at this time might save you from oxygen for life--congratulations.
charles "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/16/07  9:16pm
" That is great. I know I can't shower very well I have anxity attacks. Of course if I didn't smoke it would help and I know it as I quit for 7 months and fell off the wagon. Congrats on both of your smoking and the showering. Enjoy the hot water. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/19/07  11:10am
" Good for you. Smoking is awfully bad for you especially with this disease. Hardest thing I had to over come. I also use a shower chairand take my oxygen right along. LOL Fun Fun Fun.. Anyways my hats off to you. Continue doing what your doing sounds good to me. Love and Gods Blessing to you. Frieda "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/06/08  6:58am
" Great and Congratulations - just goes to show that stopping smoking WILL HELP YOUR LUNGS TO FUNCTION MUCH MUCH BETTER.

Keep on keeping on - Gym Fit next ! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/06/08  7:59am
" ****Laughing**** That is great news. Glad
you can take a shower without oxygen. Good
for you on the smoking quit. Hooray!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/06/08  9:13am
" Congratulations! you quit smoking! That is the best and biggest thing you could have done to help yourself! Warmly, Linda "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web