Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
throwing up black liquid
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
my husband the other night threw up some black liquid stuff so i called his dr and they told me to get him to the er so we went. they didnt do a darn thing. i thought when this happens its normally blood and i was freaking out. has ne one ever had this happen before?
Posted on 03/15/09, 01:01 pm
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for COPD & Emphysema. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/15/09  1:05pm
" I am so very sorry this happened and your experence with the er is just so sad.
I have not had this happen to me but maybe some one else here has.

I will be thining of you and your husband,
truly,
Holly "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/15/09  1:18pm
" I havent ever heard of it with copd sorry . I hope he is better now did they give you any idea what it could have been ? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/15/09  1:49pm
" Like you, I have always been told that dark vomit or stools is an indication of old blood. I'm sure you have or will follow up with his doctor. I sometimes have very little rspect for ER's. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with this one. I have never had this problem myself, and hope you and your husband are coping ok. It might not even be related to COPD. Let us know what you find out. Love, Becky "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/15/09  5:23pm
" That is really worrying for you livingwith - and an awful experience.

I would have said go straight to A & E (accident and emergency) and I would do so if it ever happens again (hopefully it will not).

You may have just got the wrong types at emergency or they had many other more urgent emergencies to deal with first.

Don't lose heart but do get your husband to your doc as soon as you can to get checked.

Sure do hope all will be ok.

Hugs "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 03/16/09  12:21am
" Does you husband take any muscle relaxants? I know that this can be a side effect of some medications. But yes, it does indicate blood. I would definitely have him follow up with his doctor. I'm sorry this had to happen to him. I'll be thinking of you. Hugs, Sue "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 03/16/09  1:53pm
" It sounds like it may be possibly bleeding ulcers, but the ER can make a firm call on it. Hope that he doing better now and they find it quickly. I know that one major thing that can happen when a person has bleeding ulcers and that is throwing up a black tar like matter.

Best Wishes "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 03/17/09  11:14pm
" How frustrating to be "blown off" at the er. Like stated before, I hope he followed up with his doctor and that he's doing much better now. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 03/18/09  1:21am
" did it look like coffee grounds could be ulcers.hugs minie "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web