Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Steam and COPD
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hello all, I have copd and was wondering if anyone could tell me if I should avoid steam room and or bath, I was diagnosed a year ago and am on a daily inhaler(Spiriva) and Asmanex as needed. I seldom use the Asmanex. Thanks for any input.
Posted on 08/01/08, 11:45 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for COPD & Emphysema. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 08/02/08  12:34am
" There's no reason to avoid steam if you can tolerate it. I for one, have a very hard time taking showers if the water is too hot. And I don't even try to use hot tubs because of the heat and chlorine. It's important to listen to your body. If it doesn't bother you, then enjoy! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 08/02/08  3:15pm
" I aam not sure about steam. I take very hot showers and baths. I do wish you would the asmanex ass prescribed. I have been using it for about 3 months, and I feel better. I have also used Spiriva and some other treatments. These are not the same as the inhalers like albuterol. My Rx is a once a day treaatment, and the albuterol is for emergencies.
Good health! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web