Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
noisy concentrater fixed!!!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
when i got my home concentrator i was so pleased as it was so much quieter than the one mom had.
it was so nice i put it in my bedroom for "white noise"
THEN IT ALL CHANGED!!!
i didn't relate it at the time, but the guy that came to do the yearly internal filter change opened a vent on the filter that mine didn't need opened.
i have complained for the past 2 years (the next guy must have just seen it & did it again that way).
it got so bad that i moved it into next room.
then this year it started waking my up from the next room as it was getting noisier.
the "new" guy came in & explained that not only mine can be closed, but by opening it & it being in a more used room with the dogs the filter collected EVERYTHING, clogging it & making it noisier.
he put a new filter in right & it's got a nice hum again so i could move it back to bedroom where it won't get so filthy.
problem solved!
just thought i would post this in case anyone ever has this problem.
my concentrater goes to 5L and filter can be closed. if you are on 10L concentrator it has to be open & will make more noise.
the girl i complained to said there was alot of people complaining about theirs being so noisy---i told new guy he might want to go check them out & help those people.
little things can cause a big difference LOL
Posted on 01/23/13, 02:57 pm
13 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for COPD & Emphysema. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #11 - 01/27/13  5:56pm
" ohhhhh! i heard about the ones that don'[t even have a filter to wash---a friend just got one, so maybe when my turn to change comes i will get one of those :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #12 - 01/27/13  6:28pm
" What kind is it? I'll ask my Supplier. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #13 - 01/28/13  6:30pm
" yeah lightrays, tell us more about it!!!! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web