Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
off the wall messages from strangers
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone else get these crazy messages in there message box? Are they for real?

Sent : 11/17/12, 6:39 am
Subject: To You,
Attn: To You,

Good-day, I am sure health speaks well of you today?, It is my humble pleasure to contact you through this medium, I am Sam Nana, I was the legal adviser to late Engineer R. Gerald, a citizen of your country. He was a contractor worked with Government Constructions Companies Togo for many years.

He died by heart attack over six (6) years ago in this country, and he supplied Cements Products to the Government of Togo since over nine (9) years ago, and the Government of Togo announced to release his contract balance valued at US$25,500,000.00 (United State Dollars) through the Ministry of Work Togo.

Then last week a mandate was issued to me by the Ministry of Work Togo, to provide the relative of my late client before 14 working days, to apply and receive the contract balance, otherwise the Government will cancel his contract payment, hence he was dead and nobody comes for the claim of his contract balance.

Therefore after my several attempts to locate any relatives of my late client without any success, I decided to utilize this life time opportunity by contacting you, hence you bear the same last name with him, to assist me claim the contract balance, and me and you will shall share the contract fund 50/50. I will inform you more once I receive positive response from you, view this email: dr0sn@live.com

May his soul rest in peace Amen.

Please, kindly contact me for more details. Email: dr0sn@live.com

Thanks and Remain blessed. Hoping to receive your response soonest.

Best regards,
San Nana
Email: dr0sn@live.com

Principle Consultant
321 Avenue Nicolas Grunitsky

Reply | Forward | Delete Inbox | Next

Advertisement
Popular Support Groups

Sent : 10/11/12, 9:45 am
Subject: Dear Beloved Friend
Dear Friend,
Greetings to you in the name of our God, the I AM THAT I AM who made me who i am, i am Mrs Jessica T Booker i am a 57 years old woman from USA suffering from a long time cancer of the breast and it is quite obvious i might not survive for two months after my next surgery according to my doctor ,so my dear i will like to be your friend because i am getting older now,and i will also like to share an
important word with you because there is work you are to do for God and his children i hope you get back to me Philippians2:27: For indeed he was sick nigh unto death, but God had mercy on him & that on him only, but on me also,lest I should have sorrow upon sorrow.( I always say this in my mind) I am looking forward to read back from you as soon as possible reply me directly here (jessicabookerr@yahoo.com)
God bless you
Mrs Jessica T Booker

Reply | Forward | Delete Previous | Inbox | Next

Sent : 9/8/12, 12:45 pm
Subject: Dear Belove in the almighty God,
Dear Belove in the almighty God,

Email-ID; tashar.fabien@yahoo.ca
I am Mrs Tasha Ryan From Republic of Kuwait But i married to late Mr.Fabien Ryan in Cote Divoirie West Africa after our marriage for quite 11 years we couldnt produce any child.and my late husband was an international business man , may his soul rest in peace. Before his death two years ago

i have been suffering from cancer of breast,which have took me so much money and nothing was done to cure it after all the treatment i have been taking,to my greatest surprise some days ago my doctor told me that i may not live more than two months as the result of the sickness. We deposit the amount of $4.5million US dollars in one of the International Bank here in Cote Divoirie West Africa for our business before my late husband died,

and now i decide to use it for the help of the lesprivilegdeslikepoorwidows,ophans,disables and build churches.as result of my short stay on earth,since we couldnt produce any child to enherit the money as next of kin and our properties.Now i was touched in spirit to donate the money to you for the good work of God. Please this is my email address for more information: ( tashar.fabien@yahoo.ca ).

Am looking forward to your prompt reply.
Please now you can contact me with this hospital telephone number as i was admit in hospital in Australia here +61280149302

Mrs Tasha Ryan.

Reply | Forward | Delete Previous | Inbox | Next

Advertisement
Popular Support Groups
Posted on 11/17/12, 07:37 am
16 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for COPD & Emphysema. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/17/12  8:06am
" Yep - get then all the time. At the bottom of any DS page there is a link that says "Report Abuse". Feel free to use it. The only way we can keep the site free of scam artist is to turn them in and get them banned...

Hugs,
Dennis "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/17/12  8:10am
" Change the settings in your account. I have never received any. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/17/12  8:23am
" I have never received emails like this - I agree with what Denny said and report this abuse. It's sort of creepy to me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/17/12  8:34am
" I agree Denny with keeping this site free from scam. Now I am going to be an old lady with blonde hair and ask where at the bottom of the page is report abuse. I can be kind of slow sometimes :)

And grannie where in your account would I change this?

God bless "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/17/12  9:04am
" Go to the bottom of the curent page (hit the Page down key a coupe of time or use the slider bar on the right of the page. Look for the below centered on the bottom of the page:

Copyright 2006-2012, DailyStrength, Inc. All rights reserved.
Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | Report Abuse | Sharecare

The copyright is in black and the link line is in green. Make sure the meebo bar isn't hiding it... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/17/12  10:02am
" No I don't and I would be very annoyed if I did. Hope you get this sorted soon "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/17/12  10:13am
" I sent you a PM. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/17/12  10:39am
" If they came to your message box on DS...........do NOT delete them...............and report them................DS will delete them........but you have to leave them there for them (DS) to see. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 11/17/12  10:49am
" Thanks Denny I just reported both. Debbear I did save messages and thanks for reminding me to do so. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 11/17/12  1:03pm
" That is such a SCAM!!! But you know that by now. The scam people love to target senior citizens, or older people living alone (they think)

Well, you got some excellent advice, and handled it correctly. I never recieved any in my box, but I have been called fro the last several months, on my blocked, unlisted phone number.

What is so stupid, on their part, is that on my caller ID, it comes up DOM REPUBL CALL. I never answer, and they never leave a message. I did double check with the operater and she confirmed the calls were from the Dominican Republic, and to turn them in to the Texas Attorney General, which I did.

Not much they can do until they scam me tho, but they need the info in order to keep track of them.

She said scamers love senior citizens, especially if you have money and might be lonesome, or willing to help a stranger,.

I am to Onery and do not trust such things. But lots of folks do...especially if it looks like money might be made.

Take care
BJ "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web