Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Advair and Spiriva together
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Do many of you here take both Advair and Spiriva each day. I had fought against Advair because the steroid effect also has an effect on my blood pressure and blood glucose levels. I was switched to Spiriva alone.

Now, my new Pulmonologist tell me I will live longer if I take both each day since they function in different preventive ways. She gave me samples of the Advair. I just started doing it but I am still not really happy about that.

She also was not happy that I sleep with my aging kitty who has a heart problem too. He is such a love and I will not give him up so I will just have to "deal with dander" regardless.

thanks in advance, Cindy
Posted on 09/25/12, 12:33 pm
16 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for COPD & Emphysema. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/25/12  1:21pm
" I was on Advair and Spiriva each day. My pulmonologist switched my Advair to Dulera. So now I'm on Dulera and Spiriva. He didn't really tell me why except he thought it would work better for me. I can't really tell a difference. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/25/12  1:35pm
" I do the Spiriva once a day and Advair twice a day. I tried the Daliresp and didn't like it. I don't care for the much for the Advair, but it seems to be working, so I'll hang with it until the Doc suggests something else. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/25/12  2:46pm
" I take spiriva and symbicort (inhaled steroid). I take the lower dose of symbicort and it improved my breathing over spiriva alone. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/25/12  2:51pm
" I also do Spiriva once a day, Advair twice. When I was only on Advair, I wasn't doing nearly as well as I am now. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/25/12  3:20pm
" Thank you for your replies. They make me feel better about the change although I will still have to watch the blood pressure and glucose levels. I have hypertension even with two blood pressure meds so it's always a bit of a concern. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/25/12  3:35pm
" I had been doing advair and spariva for years, and doing good I thought, until my new lung doctor changed me to symbicort and spariva, and I can't tell much difference, except I seem to wheeze less and use the duo neb very rarely.
I only had problems with bloodpressure being high when I was taking the prednisone pills, but it stopped as soon as I stopped.
BJ "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/25/12  3:48pm
" I can't use either because side effects. As far as the cat goes, you can fire you doctor - you can't fire one of your kids. Living is not about how long, it's about how good...

Hugs,
Dennis "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/25/12  4:00pm
" I use both too-- I also have 3 mini dachshunds that sleep on the floor in my bedroom every night. I know they shouldn't but they have for years & I can't just throw them out now. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/25/12  4:09pm
" Dennis and Denise. Thanks and there is no way I'm going to evict my sweet, aging kitty. He and I both used to live in a fuller household but now I am widowed and he is the only kitty here so we are dependent upon each other for companionship and that is worth more to me than an extra wheeze or two!! If anything, God forbid, happens to him I will need another kitty - I've had them my entire life.

Quality of life means many things doesn't it!?

Hugs, Cindy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/25/12  6:58pm
" Cindy,
I only take Spririva and Ventolin and I sometimes wonder if I were on a cortosteroid if it would help. I am getting a new pulmonologist this week so I think I will ask.

My aging kitty sleeps with me as well. He loves me unconditionally and after 12 years I can't bear to give him up. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web