Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Very sort of sad tonight....
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I always think that this will be my LAST Christmas but I've been thinking that now for the past three years. It sort of gets to me. Does anyone else feel this way?
Posted on 12/20/11, 08:20 pm
16 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for COPD & Emphysema. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/20/11  11:11pm
" Hi I feel like for the first time that this might be my last xmas of course it will be if I just give up and I ain't bout to do that.I hope u feel the same way we got to hold out for that miracle cure(haha) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/21/11  12:46am
" OK folks real deal tale here..... My daughter at age 3 was diag. with cancer. A "great Boston" hosp told us to go home and enjoy the time left and she would died before her 4th birthday..Well guess they were sorta right... She died.. but 20 years later. Talked about that today with my doc as if-ie with me...
Pontiac Slim "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/21/11  12:53am
" What a beautiful story, Slim! I'm so glad you had 2 more decades with your daughter! As the saying goes, none of us has an expiration date stamped on the bottom of our foot! Frankly, my father is 89 yo, and I'm much more likely to brood about this - perhaps - being his last Christmas. I try very hard to focus on today. Each day we live is a gift. That's why they call it the 'present!"

Enjoy your Christmas!
Hugs, Sue "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/21/11  3:24am
" I have a very good friend that has a saying
"When God wants me He'll call me"

I am trying to live by this saying and not worry about when my time comes but I'm only human and I do get sad that I have the disease/illness that I have.

What I do every year is write a little note to my family and slip it in with the Christmas decorations when I put them away each year JUST IN CASE "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/21/11  3:39am
" Thanks Slim for sharing .. 20 wonderful more years of love.

IMO:
Why "ruin" the time you have worrying about if its your last? Will it change anything? We have the greatest gift of all in some ways.. being here still to even have this worry. Many, many people never even get that.

Love that idea Sindy .. I think I'm going to start doing this also.. my kids got me one of those record as you read books of the Night Before Christmas so that if this is the "last one" my grands will still get to hear me reading the story till the electronics wear out..lol! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/21/11  6:25am
" Merry Christmas to each and everyone and thank you for being a part of my life . I could'nt do this thing without u it is comforting to know I am not totally alone in this fight for life. Love ya(smile) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 12/21/11  9:02am
" I too celebrate each Christmas as possibly the last Christmas.

I have felt this way for each Christmas for the past 12 years with COPD, but it seems that the next one always seems comes, at least so far.

Over these years of breathlessness, I have sort of gotten used to the idea, and it doesn't seem to bother me as much as it used to.

I am sort of settled into the possibility, left all the little note over and over again each year and always amazing I am still here.

I agree the best thing to do is wake up in the morning put a smile on my face and joy in my heart,

do the very best I can which is really hard some times and look for happiness in each day as it comes,

even when I have to look in very small places to find it,

its always there, that tiny place to smile.

and feel grateful.

I wish you all many more Christmas's to come

Love
Holly "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 12/21/11  10:05am
" I too live like each day could be my last....ride till ya get there, and, drink till she's cute

Actually, I thought last nite coulda been my last....it was a bad one. picked up another chest infection, doused it with 60mg's of pred about 3am, got to sleep about 4....whew "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 12/21/11  11:21am
" I hope that you can feel better about your thought of this being your last Christmas. I try to do like Jona and most people I think. Live one day at a time and enjoy the moment. Always wish for the next Christmas and when it gets here, then it is time to celebrate. Always celebrate every day, cause it is another day that you are here and that is Awesome. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 12/21/11  12:26pm
" Serenity, I read your comment last night and my first reaction was yes, I do feel that way at times.

When I started thinking about why I would say yes, I realized that it was actually a pretty common question for anyone when emotions become a spoken question.

Acknowledging a fear can also be the catalyst to being able to live with that fear. If this should be my last Christmas, I will enjoy it the same as each day that I am now allowed to be. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web