How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
hi, does breast cancer turn into bone cancer?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
hi, i had breast cancer in june 2007. it was a stage 3 idc, it had spread into one of my lymph nodes, therefore i had 2 opps, a lumpecatamy and then a total lymph node clearence followed by chemo and radiotherapy., i now have lymphadima in my arm, i started getting lower back pain about a year ago and was told by my doctor [after having a mri scan]it was stenosis, i still have a lot of pain in my back, recently a relative told me the type of breast cancer i had often can turn into bone cancer of the spine, does anyone know if this is right? as im petrifide of the cancer coming back, thanks angie
Posted on 01/06/10, 07:37 pm
2 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Breast Cancer. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/07/10  10:55am
" Been there done that hun. I was the same except I had 10 of 13 nodes positive and had a mastectomy....I have pain all the time and I worry about a reocurrence. My problem is Fibromyalgia and so I can not know for sure what the new pain I might have is. Just trust in your Onc and be seen every 6 months if you can. Chemo and Rads can cause long lasting problems.
I am 7 years out now....Yes it can come back in your bones and almost everywere else....don't freak out.
You had an MRI...it would have picked up cancer if it where there.
Stress and worry will only make your pain worse.
I do pool "water" therapy or excercise as they call it at the YMCA....it helps alot.
Hang in there...you will be OK "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/16/10  11:53pm
" Yes, the cancer can come back as bone cancer - in the spine or elsewhere. That does not mean the pain you are feeling is bone cancer.

Chemo is poison - the gift that keeps giving. Discuss your pain with both your GP and your onco to see if they have suggestions to alleviate your pain or if they are concerned about it signifying anything seriously troublesome.

In the meantime, please try CoQ10 supplements. They are recommended for bone/joint pain that can be caused by taking statin drugs (for cholesterol, triglicerides, etc.) The CoQ10 may not alleviate all the pain you are having but I haven't read of it hurting anyone either. You should check that out for yourself and ask your doctor whether he/she thinks it might help. It is the low tech, first round, non-invasive attempt at solution that, if it works, saves you from invasive or otherwise expensive/unpleasant medical treatments that also may or may not work.

I hope you get relief soon and that it is the simple solution that helps you.

- Diane "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web