Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Divorce 12-step program?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi friends ... I was sitting here tonight wishing I had a "sponsor" like 12-step programs do; someone to call when I'm tempted to fall off the wagon and call my spouse. My husband is definitely the destructive substance I am trying to rid from my system (I actually think quitting heroin would be easier and less painful). --Besides this great support community, have any of you gone to groups that were comforting or inspiring while you are going through the divorce/break-up valley of ca-ca? IS there a 12-step program for break-ups? :-)
Posted on 10/24/07, 03:24 am
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Breakups & Divorce. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 10/24/07  3:44am
" I've been to the divorce care program. I found it useful. I am also getting daily e-mails from http://www.divorcecare.org "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 10/24/07  3:51am
" Thank you! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 10/24/07  4:10am
" are the emails from divorcecare helpful? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 10/24/07  4:18am
" I have found the emails helpful, especially those days that all I do is cry. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/24/07  5:59am
" I'm in a very small town and have friends here who are divorced, they have been a support group for me. Just show up at BoBannes at 8:30 am Sat or Sun and they will be there to either help me or bs with me. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/24/07  6:16am
" Sounds like a wonderful idea! You are creative and have more will power than you know right now. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 10/24/07  7:55am
" I went to a unique divorce care program at a lutheran church. It runs non stop year round every monday night.
The first monday of month is divorce care film.
The second monday is discussion night.
The third monday is quest speaker night.
The fourth monday is pizza and game night.
I went for 3 years during my 27 month long divorce and it was a big help. I made some good friends. I have been skipping some this past summer because I want to move past dwelling on my divorce.

Also i went to an 8 week divorce workshop at a catholic church early in my divorce that helped stabalize me and helped me accept the fact that the divorce was happening.

Also i went to some catholic singles game nights to see how the other half lived though i did not date and have yet to date anyone else.

I did not have the benifit of the computer or internet during divorce. It would have been a good help. This site and divorcesource chat would have been a big help.

I prayed a lot during my divorce and read what i could from the bible. God was my greatest comfort and still is.

I went to al anon for family members of alcoholics also. My ex was a 24/7 drunk.

There is a lot of support out there if you look. I would not depend on just one thing. Getting around others with similar problems is a good thing. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 10/24/07  8:39am
" you need to check out divorce care group in your area. it will be that lifeline you're seeking. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web