Recommendation: "What does the Bible say about divorce and remarriage?"
Overall:
  Other
  URL: http://www.gotquestions.org/divorce...
  Added by: JTGPP
  Rating:
  Post:
I put this here, simply because myself, before I went through the WHOLE process of getting divorced, I had to really question my FAITH, not a relgion.
A friend brought this very topic up about being with their spouse for all their lifetime because of what a religion said. God Himself, made exceptions. Keep in mind, sometimes, we just "marry" the WRONG person and thus, there are exceptions where divorce is acceptable in the writings of the bible by God and Jesus Themselves.
11 Recommendations | Most Recent Add Your Recommendation
Your Rating:
 (Click on stars to rate)
Reminder: This is a support group for Breakups & Divorce. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Recommendation:
Reply #1 - 03/07/08  8:18am
" thank you for posting this.. As I struggle with my faith and another divorce, I may gain acceptance and be able to forgive myself.. Kimmee "
Reply #2 - 04/22/08  7:02pm
" I struggle to but God is able to do more than we can imagine! I know I will move past this and God will send me a perfect mate. "
Reply #3 - 04/22/08  7:11pm
" I'm in a support group called divorce care and we just went over some of this a couple wks ago. God hates divorce but he does accept it with differnt reasons. Divorce is a sin and like all sins you can be asked to be forgiven. He also said that if you are the guilty party of the divorce-like abuse, audeltry, or something to this nature then you have no right to remarry. If you are the innocent party-didn't want the divorce, being abused, or cheated on you have the right to remarry. It was more into it but that is the jsut of it. Hope this helps everyone. God does forgive you for all your sins but you have to ask for it. "
Reply #4 - 07/03/08  12:13am
" God is such a loving Father! He feels what we feel; He sees everything and He SO understands. I'm so glad He's taken me thus far, after being married for 36 years, and with no warning, my husband decided to leave me for a much younger woman. It was most difficult at first, and looking back, GOD is the one who sustained me, and still is. We're not divorced yet. I was hoping and praying that he'd want to reconcile, but in the natural, it doesn't look like he will. I do know that GOD has the final word and I cling to His promises that HE will never leave us nor forsake us. He sees the whole picture, the beginning to the end, and He knows what's best for us.

There is a vast difference between "religion" and "relationship" with our living God. Religion is man trying to reach God, but relationship, is God reaching down to man...but it's up to us to reciprocate. God bless you all, and may He guide each and every one in the path that He's chosen for us; and may He heal all the broken hearts, in Jesus Name. :) "
Reply #5 - 07/03/08  12:25am
" Thanks for this. I have a question....what if the "cheater" claims to not have had actual sexual relations with the "other"? Assuming we believe the "cheater", is "emotional cheating" coupled with "kissing the other" enough to free the innocent to remarry? Anyone have any thoughts on this? "
Reply #6 - 07/03/08  12:26am
" GOD hates divorce unless it really is necessary. In my situation, my spouse was very violent to the point where a restraint had to be placed between us. I now know what was causing all of my anxiety and panic attack-HIM. I prayed for restoration two previous times that he walked out and he came back after about three months. This time is different. My home pastor preached a sermon on "How much do you really love GOD" He stated that GOD could intervene by taking your job, marriage or relationships, friends, etc just to see how much you love him. The following week, my husband left after a huge financial argument and I also lost my job. I have Agape love so I feel that there was a reason that he had to go. I took it hard the first three months but I have learned to let go and let GOD. Once you let go, GOD really does show up. I managed to purchase a new truck and remain in my apartment with the grace of GOD. I almost lost it all. So my suggestion is to stay focused on GOD...............he is the only one who can bring you out. As for my spouse, he has had to move two times since he left home and is now staying in a hotel working two jobs just to support himself. I pray for his salvation everyday. I am not sure if I would even consider trying to make things work at a later date because I have PEACE OF FREAKIN' MIND and great neighbors who give me expensive gifts(wine). GOD IS AN AWESOME GOD!!!!!!!!!!! "
Reply #7 - 07/03/08  12:32am
" My mother in law pointed me in the right direction concerning the Bible's teachings about the exceptions of divorce. She was very helpful and put my mind at ease. "
Reply #8 - 08/17/09  1:53am
" God's just going to have to deal with it.

Somehow, I doubt He'll have a real big problem. I've never know Him to be all that hung up on rules . "
Reply #9 - 09/07/09  1:25am
" I'm a Christian, and read a part of this book on divorce and the Chrisitian faith. I would have to say it's fairly off the beaten path, but it's where I stand on the issue. I believe we are here on earth to move closer to God. Sometimes married couples reach a point where the relationship is no longer taking both of them closer to God. At that point, it's better to part ways. I don't think this decision should be taken lightly. Every single rock should be turned over before making this decision, and frankly it wouldn't hurt to turn over some rocks 2x, but you both may reach a point where you know it's no longer going to bear fruit. Move on.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/search?ind... "
Reply #10 - 09/07/09  1:39am
" I think that GOD probably has more nagging issues than the break up of one's marriage due to a philanderer. Like world peace, disease, or some important thingy like that. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Recommendation