Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
In Category: Off Topic Posts
Discussion:
About the men on this board...
View More Posts Ignore
There's something I've noticed, and it bothers me. Why do the few male posters appear to be so popular? It just seems to me that some of the women here are craving validation from a man...any man. The obvious flirtation bothers me a little bit too because it almost smells of desperation. I'm sure they're very nice men, but...I know we're all going through very difficult periods in our lives, but we all deserve a great enough sense of self not to seek or need attention from a stranger on an Internet chatboard just because he happens to be male.
Posted on 01/01/09, 05:24 am

This discussion is closed to new replies.

View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/01/09  5:35am
" I sooooo agree. The men here are horrible!

:X "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/01/09  5:40am
" I didn't say that, TheRoad. I just don't understand the need for validation from a man. It's like...how many times does a woman need to be bitten...or how savagely bitten...before she realises that relying on a man for her sense of worth is self-destructive. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/01/09  5:46am
" Honestly, I dont think its a validation thing at all. Also, you have to remember that a lot of these members have met more than once in person. So the level of the relationship goes way beyond a keyboard now. They talk, hang, out and even go on dates. I don't think most of the people come on here seeking validation. SOme do, but its rather easy to notice those since they do the whole woe is me attitude. And I dont see what you see when it comes to attention seeking from the women. Like I said, most that chat on here already have met and continue on with their teasing, flirting, laughing, but most of all supporting. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/01/09  5:54am
" So, people are meeting and dating, and the flirtation is just an extension of that? I think I'm probably a little anti-Internet relationships; it's just me. Okay. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/01/09  5:55am
" No, that's total bull. Seriously, you haven't noticed it (because you're a part of it)...all that fawning over you? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/01/09  6:08am
" I agree with you. Post as male and you have a bunch of women wanting your opinion. And on line, it's easier to appear as more understanding and compasionate than you are in real life.

I've met a few people, and some are Exactly the way they appear, and other's...Aren't.

And the drive to find a new relationship and thus "Win" in the divorcing game is strong. Just think about how many posts there are hating the ex for "being Happy" and in a relationship while they are not!

And men tend to be treated one of two ways: either built up with their opinions thought of as gold, OR totally ripped apart.

Few see them as struggling with the same issues that we (women) are. In pain, making bad choices, trying to figure out what they want. And basically muddling on as best they can. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/01/09  7:00am
" Hey! That's generalizing a bit. I am not popular but then again, I am kind of like the guy standing in the corner during the crowded party who starts doing jumping jacks for no reason. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/01/09  7:05am
" Rubbish! Like Road said, some people have met up more than once - not dated! - met up and are friends. I dont know anyone who flirts and actually means it! A bit of flirting never hurt anyone and if they're happy, who are we to judge? Now judging people on here, now thats a problem... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 01/01/09  7:05am
" ((Rolls eyes)) Maybe their popular because their good people. (Gasp!) And maybe some people (not that I know of any) come on here not to just hear the whoa is me, everything is soooo tragic side of the site but to have a laugh, have fun, and let loose. So shoot me. Um. I mean those 'other' people. Are you saying befriending the men on this site is somehow 'riskier' than being friends with any of the women here? Most of whom I haven't met either by the way. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 01/01/09  7:11am
" Speaking of flirting, hey Blondmum, you look hawt!! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 | Next | Most Recent
Advertisement

More From Around the Web