Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Brain Injury Support Group
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Did I miss something in that title? There seems to be a lot of solicitation lately.

New info is good. Just be wary of getting involved with anything that has not had plenty of research. We don't need to be lab rats or guinea pigs.

It's also not nice to solicit those who may be weak at the moment. Be careful All!

Love my Brain injury group!
SSE
Posted on 11/30/12, 12:16 pm
10 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Brain Injury. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/30/12  12:24pm
" And your brain injury group loves you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/30/12  2:12pm
" well said SSE "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/30/12  4:51pm
" Sketchy posts can be reported.

(Whistling)

Just saying. ;)

I am suspicious of anything that doesn't come from someone who's already in the group - a BI survivor or caregiver. If it's coming from some random person who just joined today, beware! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/01/12  3:47am
" yes I think we should complain about people who claim to be able to cure people via their own company. Especially as Elaine said if they have jusT joined and that is all they want to talk about. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 12/01/12  10:13am
" I totally agree with you all. There are too many "researcher" here wanting us to share our experiences.
However I want to warn you - when I saw the "oriental healing" or whatever it was, I went ahead and asked a lot of questions I knew they wouldn't be able to answer. ( I ended up not posting it for fear you'd all think I was crazy). I love to play Devil's Advocate and ask questions to either make people think in another way, or in the case of the oriental thing,,just let the person think I 'm on to them . I would Never try anything offered.
Let's keep this room safe . In the other tbi chat room I was in , it had moderators that oversaw the chatting, and if someone came in that didn't belong, the mods would "K-line" them - kick them off and prevent them from re- entering. It's too bad we don't have that. However, I think we'll get more of this if someone ( it could be Me- I"m not shy ) doesn't respond that "you're not welcome here". (just a thought- if you prefer that no one answers, that's fine too) Let's just keep the room safe and private for all of us. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 12/01/12  12:40pm
" I think as Elanie has stated, that these kind of people can be reported.
;)

I choose not to respond to them, because I don't want to keep them up on the board or show them any attention. That's just my personal preference. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 12/01/12  2:47pm
" SSE, I think you have a point of not answering. Even if I"m sarcastic about what the subject is ( oriental healing or whatever) , it Does give them attention. I never thought of that. The other chat room was a live chat - not posts - so a bunch of us could say "do you have a tbi? if not , get out of here". I see now that that wouldn't work here . Thanks for bringing it to my attention ( even though it means I won't have any fun embarrassing the person ! ) You're right . "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 12/01/12  3:37pm
" I won't reply if they start their own thread, but, what with my PTSD flaring up, I did respond when this entity decided to barge in on someone else's thread.

I want to let this thing know we are onto them and know that they are full of crap. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 12/01/12  3:46pm
" I know Elanie! You didn't respond directly to that one they started. I totally support you, and I'm sure everyone on the board does as well. I feel this need to protect what I feel is mine.
I don't own this brain injury board, but I feel like it's part of me now. I don't know what I'd do without it.

I'm glad to know everyone here!
Take care all!
SSE "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 12/01/12  5:10pm
" I agree they should be reported, when I noticed last night several posts by that username @ the same time I checked out their profile page and it said account closed....I hope they got the message!!!!! "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web