Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
double vision
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I can't read this sight right now because my vision is all screwed up,It's VERY frustrating! can anyone relate ?
Posted on 01/25/12, 04:49 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Brain Injury. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/25/12  4:54pm
" feeling alone though surrounded by people in my life. Everybody ignores me. Can anyone relate ? How do you handle it ? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/25/12  5:02pm
" I've heard of this happening to many and although I never had double vison I am blind in both eyes to the left. My left eye is 90% and 10% blind in my right blind now. I also had big problems with dept and distance perception for a couple of years making it very hard for me to get around anywhere on my own. Its been a few more years now and the part that is blind is blind but I am more accustomed to it now and it doesn't really bother me at all. I'm not sure when but over 2 years maybe at about 3 years after my accident I learned I could go down steps again. The excitment I went through when I discovered I could do this. Everywhere there was a step I was up and down 20 times just because I could. I do however still take my time with steps and always hold on to something or someone if it is any more than one step. When I was first sick and for a number of moths after I couldn't follow a line and tried many ways to get over it. In time it got easier and now as I said I am still partially blind but I am used to it and hardly notice it anymore. It is very frustrating but the brain is amazing and it will continue to improve. I don't know how long past your accident you are. If you are in the early days. Give it some time and see how it goes. In other ways you will just teach yourself to deal with it, as I have. What else can we do. Good luck to you and I hope it does get better. Another tip I used was I used the time I couldn't read to borrow audio books from the library and I'm glad I did as it introduced me to a new way to enjoy books "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/25/12  8:53pm
" Have you had any vision therapy?

My TBI caused damage to the Parietal Lobe, and damaged the brain signal to my eyes. I went through length vision therapy. It's not pleasant, but I now have gotten a lot of my visual abilities back. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/25/12  8:54pm
" Sorry, that was supposed to be "lengthy vision therapy" not "length vision therapy." "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/26/12  1:40pm
" I was sent to a opthamologist that specialized in TBI. He did vision tests. I was prescribed prism glasses to assist with the double vision. I don't know how far out you are. I am 6 years now. My vision has continually improved over time.

I still have difficulty with seeing clearly when looking down, my depth perception is still quite messed up. But I don't need the prism glasses anymore. I do however still wear them when I am driving. Just because it's on my license now. I have been trying to get that off for the past 4 years now.

I had a lot of nausea related to my double vision. That has all improved with time. I have none anymore. I spend more time looking over the glasses now, than I do looking threw them.

It's extremely frustrating. But I do feel this will improve with time.

Best of luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/26/12  8:21pm
" I have a friend here that has this problem and he wears prism glasses. he is having surgery next week to correct the problem. When he was hit on the head, it caused damage (I am not sure..hell, I cannot remember exactly what he told me) and in his case it is reversible with surgery. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/26/12  11:57pm
" try closing one eye !
help me until my vision came good :) "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web