Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
epidermoid cyst/benign tumor
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I recently had a MRI to rule out MS and I was told I have a descent sized epidermoid cyst (15mm) and was referred to a neurosurgeon to figure out what the next step is. I am seeing the surgeon tomorrow. I have myself all worked up about possible brain surgery and I have been googling like crazy. I am on daily strength with another group (dermatomyositis) and I thought I'd put a post here to see if anyone had any similar experiences.
Thanks
Maruska
Posted on 03/18/12, 06:51 pm
2 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Brain / CNS Tumors. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/21/12  8:53am
" Stay strong. Depending on where the cyst is located they may be able to remove it. Brain surgery sounds scary, but it may be a good option. There of course is risk involved, so make sure you are informed about the procedure and have confidence in the surgeon. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/21/12  10:01am
" Thank you for your supportive response. I met with the surgeon and he said I do not need surgery at this time we are going to watch and wait. He was very confident and helped put me at ease. You are right, brain surgery sounds scary and it can really play a number on your mind. I still have some neurological issues that are a mystery but I feel better about this.
Thanks,
Maruska "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web