Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Bisexual Tendencies
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Here's something that's a little confusing to me, what's the difference between being bisexual and having bisexual tendencies? To have "tendencies" does that mean that you engage in bisexual behavior once in a blue moon but initially your straight/gay? I mean, what makes a feeling or a behavior a "tendency"? There are people who say "Oh I'm straight/gay but I have bisexual tendencies". How come you don't hear people say "I have straight tendencies" or "I have some gay tendencies."? Or is it possible that claiming to have "bisexual tendencies" is just another way of not coming out an claiming to be bisexual? What are your thoughts.
Posted on 09/06/08, 05:09 pm
7 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Bisexuality. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/06/08  6:40pm
" Oooo, now there's a can of worms. The debate will be something else, let me tell you! I know what you mean - doesn't seem to make much sense. Perhaps it's for those people who just don't want to admit the truth. Perhaps it's for those people who just get involved in same sex "romps" when they're drunk. Perhaps it's for those people who like to have sex with their same sex, but not a relationship. (In that case, that would mean me. But I consider myself bisexual.)

So, let the debate begin! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/06/08  9:06pm
" Personally, I don't think there's a difference. If you have bisexual tendencies, you're bisexual. But I think what the majority of people who say that mean is that they prefer heavily men or women. For example, if a woman says she is straight but has bisexual tendencies, that means maybe out of 10 of the people she has had sex with and/or dated, two of them have been women. I believe many of these people claim one sexuality but say they have "tendencies" is not wanting the stigma of bisexuality or not totally believing in bisexuality, particularly as a separate orientation rather than as some subset of being straight or gay.

Another group of people this can refer to is not just pure bisexuals but also a group I like to call "trysexuals." These are those people who think being G or L is "sexy" or who are too horny for their own good, so they will experiment or have relations with the same sex "for fun" and whatnot, and then run back to heterosexual life. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/07/08  1:13am
" oh wow. let me think on this one for a while. i'll get back to you when i think of something worth saying! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/08/08  8:48pm
" Hi Kids

Iíve had Bi ďTendenciesĒ for most of my life. I say tendencies because I have yet to act on those tendencies. I donít find all guys attractive just as I donít find all women attractive. I havenít decided if itís only a sex thing or where I am with so I decided to reside on the planet ďNo nookieĒ until put some thought in to it. Iíll keep you posted on my conclusion.

Peace "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 09/10/08  11:05pm
" hmmmm interesting question Mercury.. i would think that bisexual 'tendancies' would be a step beyond bicurious..more then just wondering what it would be like to be with someone of the same sex..but possibly acting on it or acting the part..but not completely sure enough to put the 'bisexual' label on it... just a guess... great question! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 09/11/08  2:06am
" Although I have never really been intimate with a woman or in a relationship with them. I consider myself bisexual. I find women just as attractive as men. One day I would like to have a relationship with women. I guess you can say I have bisexual tendancies and I've had them most of my life. It's just a view on what you consider yourself to be. I know of a guy who has some gay qualities to him but he is 100% straight. He's just in touch with his more feminine side and it's nothing that he's ashamed of. If you feel your bisexual that's fine. If you feel that your curious to know that's fine also. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 09/11/08  2:56am
" Well, obviously this was pondered for a while. Its no easy question, but heres my opinion. I dont think a tendancy means to occasionaly act in a bisexual mannor. People can say they have streight or gay tendancies..its just not as common I guess. Or maybe streight and gay people are more secure. I do believe that it could be a way of coming out without really doing so but its sad people would do that. I think its possible that they have waves of feelings towards being bi and that these waves are the tendancies.

Hope that ws detailed enough. =) "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web