Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Spouse UNSUPPORTIVE???
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone else on here have a spouse that has been unsupportive,and how did you convince them that bp is not an EXCUSE for what you've done to them but a reason? How long did it take for things to get back to "loving"? Or did it ever? I am starting to see that I might just have to let him go...but i sure don't want to. I'm like that..i'm not a quitter. And i take my vows very seriously.
Posted on 03/18/08, 04:59 pm
4 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Bipolar Disorder. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 03/18/08  5:02pm
" my parents broke up over my mothers bp. Good luck, whatever you do x "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 03/18/08  5:03pm
" maybe you's should try marraige counsellin it could help. i know what you mean ive had people tell me i blame it on bp and its horrible cause we never asked for any of this do people seriously think we are happy when we hurt others hang in there dont quit see what he says when you suggest marraige counsellin and get him to read bipolar for dummies he just needs to read up to understand "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 03/18/08  5:11pm
" I would try to get him to go to counseling with you. Another good book that might help him is "Loving Someone with Bipolar Disorder" by Julie Fast. I wish you both luck. Its not easy to maintain a relationship with the stress of this disease. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 03/18/08  5:17pm
" I have been to hell and back with my husband...I have done some horribe things to myself and to him...
I dont believe that BP was the excuse or a reason in a nutshell they add up to the same thing...Its time to be an adult stop worrying about him and prove to him that you are working to making yourself a better person...
My husband left me several times and each time it devestated my Life...Until the last time I was so over everything that I told him to go and go he did...I needed the time to prove to myself that I was still the same person that I was when I met him at the ageof 16 but I had matured...It took him 6 months to see that I had chaned alot, I was stable, I could be by myself and there were no wild temper tantrums...In the end it was him that wanted the relationship back and I didnt...But he wooed me all over again and we got back together...We are happier now than ever as well as more in love...He now sees me as an equal not someone he can rescue, save or help... "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web