Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Norms!!! They're never satisfied!!!!
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
LOLOL!!!! I feel so frustrated sometimes!!!! Before treatment, they weren't happy with my behavior!
Now, when they're still not happy with my behavior, they ask me if I don't think that my meds might be making me feel the way that I do!!!
Or, conversely, ask me if perhaps I need MORE meds!! (Or different ones, anyway.)
They seem to have a real problem accepting that this just ain't gonna go away!!!
Well, at least we can agree on THAT part!!!!
Posted on 11/16/07, 01:02 pm
11 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Bipolar Disorder. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/16/07  1:05pm
" My dad doesn't believe I have bipolar. He also thinks I need to be institutionalized. My boyfriend sometimes makes comments that my meds aren't working.

I tell them that meds don't fix everything and I'm working towards acting as normal as possible. I ask them to be patient with me. I think my dad's starting to understand just how severe of a problem this is and that it's not severe enough to go to a psych ward.

Just tell them you're doing the best you can and that they don't understand well enough to pass judgement.

Good luck! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/16/07  1:06pm
" *weilding torch and pitchfork* LET'S GET THEM BAST*RDS!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/16/07  1:09pm
" This is a real minefield of blame weighed against ignorance and care and love etc.
Frustration.
If we could solve these concerns ( with humour and seriousness) of yr post... it would be like earning a Nobel Prize for each one of us. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/16/07  1:17pm
" AMEN Pluck!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/16/07  1:56pm
" I flat out told my t and p docs that I had a right to some of my extreme emotions and refused to be medicated out of them! Crap! Real life still happens even if I'm a beeper! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/16/07  1:57pm
" carla are you just acting like a human being and they don't like it? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/16/07  3:02pm
" AHHHHHHH!!!! Let's all start a Bipolar Army and go get them!!!!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/16/07  3:08pm
" Speaking of norms, I just want my ex to get off my back about me not working, what I do is my business. He can go eat poop!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 11/16/07  3:26pm
" I'm with you Padsmom! But getting the army together would be kind of hard... first we would have to get the BP's that were down to get out of bed, then we would have to go chasing after the one's that were up to get them to focus! Ehhh, forget it... I'm tired already! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 11/16/07  3:39pm
" I risk getting crucified for this but…. Us “normies” (who the hell is normal we all have problems..) give and love and give, and most the time are just trying our best to support the people we know who are bp. I completely understand that there are some ignorant people out there, and you are drolly just venting but I just had to say my piece. Sometimes it tears me apart not knowing what to do/say to my bf, sometimes I just have to sit there and watch him destroy himself, I just want the best for him, I would want the same back. "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web