Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
HCG Diet
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
has anyone tried this diet? I've heard it works great, but you are taking a hormone (HCG) and phentermine. Just wondering if it is safe for someone with this disorder and on as many meds as I am.
Posted on 12/04/09, 09:02 pm
4 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Bipolar Disorder. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/10/09  1:44am
" I think you probably need to have your pdoc and internist or whoever is prescribing the phentermine to cross reference. I know phentermine can really create blood pressure problems and does interact with other meds. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/10/09  4:53am
" l just lost 14lb in a month taking slimshakes one for breakfast a very low fat lunch and a shake for dinner so l have no heavy meals to sleep on its not easy l feel hungry at night sometimes but l never thought l'd loose weight on meds and 14lbs is amazing in fact l didn't see it until a friend said something "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/10/09  9:30am
" Isn't that the hormone that you make when you are pregnant? Actually I know it is... Sounds odd...

Ah ok - I looked it up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_...

Weight loss

A controversial usage of hCG is as an adjunct to the British endocrinologist A.T.W. Simeons' ultra-low-calorie weight-loss diet.[7] Simeons, while studying pregnant women in India on a calorie-deficient diet, and “fat boys” with pituitary problems treated with low-dose hCG, discovered that both lost fat rather than lean (muscle) tissue. He reasoned that hCG must be programming the hypothalamus to do this in the former cases in order to protect the developing fetus by promoting mobilization and consumption of abnormal, excessive adipose deposits. Simeons, practicing at Salvator Mundi International Hospital in Rome, Italy, clinic mainly for celebrities, recommended low-dose daily hCG injections (125 mg) in combination with a customized ultra-low-calorie (500 cal/day, high-protein, low-carbohydrate/fat) diet loss of adipose tissue without loss of lean tissue. After Simeons’ mysterious death, the diet started to spread to specialized centers and via popularization by such as the controversial author Kevin Trudeau.

The controversy proceeds from warnings by the Journal of the American Medical Association[8] and the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition[9] that hCG is neither safe,[8] nor effective as a weight-loss aid.[10] "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/10/09  9:31am
" Oh and Kevin Trudeau is a scientologist.. just an FYI "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web