How to use DailyStrength
We're on Facebook
Check out our page
Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
is it normal to feel like ur goin insane at times?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Somedays, i just dont feel right! I feel like im literally going insane! it scares me, because i need help and i know that! but at this moment their doing alot of psychological evaluations on me! and they had hinted that i may be bipolar! but i still have to go see another psychologist! and until they tell me what is wrong with me, i feel like i may jus go crazy!! any advice would help and is feeling like your going insane a sympton of bipolar disorder?
Posted on 11/11/08, 11:29 am
9 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Bipolar Disorder. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/12/08  7:06am
" Feeling like you are going insane is probably a symptom of BP. I am BP 2 and I have had that feeling of going insane, as if I know what insane really is. With my meds at the moment, I don't get this feeling as often and when I do, it is very light.
Hope you get good results from the doc's. Sorry that you are feeling like this, I know it doesn't feel good. Hugs! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/12/08  7:47am
" I feel like I am going to go insane almost every day.
Fun times.
Normal people do not go through this period! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/12/08  8:00am
" am at the same stage as you just seeing psychologists regular visits to my gp trying to work out wat if anything is going on or wrong with me it is a very confusing time wen ur pre DX the going crazy bit is all part of the mood fluctuations i think just hang in their and talk and ask questions on here i find that helps me good luck scott xx "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 11/12/08  8:20am
" I think feeling like you are coming unglued is a symptom of BP, yes. When I get this kind of anxiety I increase my antipsychotic meds. Usually my risperdal or zyprexa or klonopin. That usually helps me from feeling like I'm "fragmenting". I'm on a fairly high dose of Abilify and that helps too. I haven't experienced any psychotic symptoms in a while. The risperdal, I believe, has eliminated any auditory hallucinations. Thankfully. BTW. I'm BP 1. Not that it makes that much difference I suppose. But have been fully bat shit psychotic a few times in my life for long periods. Long enough at least. I hope you find out what the issue is and get treated for it soon. Good luck. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 11/12/08  8:26am
" I think it's not a symptom of bipolar disorder. Many people wonder if they're going crazy. I think it's more a sign that you are overwhelmed, stressed, anxious. You could try to relax, doing breathing or relaxation exercises, yoga...

I'm hoping you will get clarity on your diagnosis soon. In the meantime, do know that even if you will be diagnosed bipolar, you can still learn to live well with it.

Love, LenSoMy "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 11/12/08  8:41am
" I'd agree with Len. Not wishing to diminish your fears, it's really a common thing. And maybe you are going through life changes that make you feel more insecure at the moment which just adds to the stress.

Others may disagree, but here is some advice..

If you are not thinking of commiting suicide, hurting yourself or anyone else then you are probably "safe". I would wait for the evaluations. You say you have had psychological evaluations, from your background you will know the difference, but I assume you have not had a psychiatric evaluation?

I would say while you wait, you can always post here if you have immediate concerns. There are thousands of years of experience on this board. And some of it is even helpful.

ok, I'm going to say something again that will probably make me even more unpopular. If you need a quick answer, then post in the main forum on Bipolar. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/12/08  8:53am
" i dont know if i really believe that... i never thought of hurting myself, and im about as bipolar as you get... when i have an episode i just start to loose control of my thoughts and i get anxious, feel uneasy, and andtisocial, i start to slur my speech, lose my apitite.... thats what i feel, i hope this helps, but unfortunatly everyone with mental issues are different in thier own way... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 11/12/08  1:46pm
" I think not knowing what is wrong increases your stress and can have the effect of making you feel like you are going insane! I know it has done so for me. It is really scary to know that SOMETHING is not right, especially when you have some pretty severe symptoms. The "not knowing" makes me crazier. Once I accepted that I am BP, that feeling that the world is fixing to drop out from under me quieted some. Being here, reading and interacting, has already made a HUGE difference! So has research and reading on the subject because it can make you feel more in control, you aren't just a helpless person in limbo at the mercy of the doctors.

I'm reading a book now that you might want to read - or others that other members here may recommend that might help you! "MANIC" by Terry Cheney. IT IS REALLY A GREAT BOOK and it does give you a clear inside of her head picture of what BP feels like and may help you help your DX along!

good luck! I understand how you feel! Empower yourself with knowledge and you will begin to feel more in control! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 11/12/08  1:47pm
" I think I know what you're talking about. I would describe my feeling the same way, and if you asked me for specifics, I couldn't give any. I think it's an extreme form of agitation, and so it might come with BP, bu maybe not necessarily "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web