Lamictal and Sexual Side Effects
Has anyone experienced a loss of sex drive and extreem tiredness? My husband is on 200mg. He is feeling much better and has very few mood swings, but now he has not desire at all.
Posted on 08/11/08, 10:37 am
Reminder: This is a support group for Bipolar Disorder. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 08/11/08  4:28pm
" I have no problems on 200mg Lamictal. But I'm a woman. I am tired, but that's because of Seroquel. "
Reply #2 - 08/11/08  4:41pm
" Yeah, it's an issue. My husband asked me the other day, "Are you EVER going to want sex again?"

- Jo "
Reply #3 - 08/11/08  6:10pm
" Thanks. I just wanted to make sure it wasn't me. He is fine during the day but man when his head hits the pillow, he is out like the light!
With 2 kids, it is hard to be spontaneous!
The Lamictal package insert states no sexual side effects. I guess they haven't tried it! LOL "
Reply #4 - 08/11/08  6:13pm
" I'm on Lamictol 200mg.

I can say that it has deninished my NEED for sex, but not my drive.

I used to get depressed and all bent out of shape if I didnt get some at least every 2 days.

Since taking ma pills I noticed that its lapsing 5-6 days before I think about it.

I think it depends on what kinda lover you are to begin with. "
Reply #5 - 08/12/08  8:52am
" Thanks for the help- "
Reply #6 - 08/12/08  9:00am
" i was on 300 and 450 mg of Lamictal for 5 years. I only thought about sex maybe every other moment instead of every moment.

the problem is when i was on lamictal, my wife lost her sex drive.

i'm planning on journaling about this, but one thing that i found with Lamictal is that it made me stupid, and it wasn't until i stopped taking it that i realized how much it had affected my ability to think deeply and clearly and express myself accurately.

Of course, Prozac is also supposed to decrease my libido (the anti-depressant in symbyax) but instead it made me into a horn dog. "
Reply #7 - 08/12/08  9:04am
" No probs with me at all... "
Reply #8 - 08/13/08  9:36am
" I do not and never did have any sexual problems on Lamictal. I must comment on pbb's reply...Is that why I can not remember or think straight. Thought I was getting dementia but I am to scared to quit it. "
Reply #9 - 08/14/08  9:51am
" Wow, I thought it was the cymbalta. I guess it's the Lamictal. But I am used to it on any meds. I guess it's good that I have no one to have sex with. "
Reply #10 - 09/03/08  10:20am
" No problems from this med at all. "