Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
In Category: Treatments
Discussion:
Legal weed and med weed .
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Thingswill be changing the first or the year in many states . Anyone have any comments or opinions ?
Posted on 12/24/13, 10:08 pm
8 Replies Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Bipolar Disorder. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 12/25/13  4:33am
" I think marijuana is a better treatment than scripts for many ailments. The goverment has many ppl brainwashed and scared of it . Hell its a plant. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 12/28/13  3:54am
" For whatever reason, it causes my BP son to get worse. He has quit his meds. and just seems to change initiative in him. I would love it if it worked for me. What a relief, but I'm older and just don't want to use it. Guess the brainwashing works OR i'm correct in staying away from it! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 12/28/13  6:29pm
" I get borderline psychotic when I smoke weed so I have sworn myself off of it. It also gives me a "weed depression hangover" for about five days and that is not acceptable to me. Marijuana can effect everyone differently so just be very careful if you are considering it.

Teledan68 - Please be careful encourage the use of illegal or partially legalized herbs to replace necessary meds that are proven to work safely. I am not the only one who has ended up in the hospital with severe borderline psychosis. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 12/29/13  2:06am
" I think that different meds affect different people differently, so it should be treated as any other medicine would with a time for the patient to test it out and see if it helps, if not, get the dosage adjusted or switch the med out with something else or a different strain that could produce different results. Some people find that marijuana helps relieve pain and anxiety. People should watch out because for bipolar people there is a risk for psychosis. Some strains might be worse than others to trigger that. I think that Indica is a good strain to be used as an anti-anxiety and pain relieving medication. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/02/14  12:45am
" I wish it was legal in Alabama. Weed mellows me out and helps me sleep "normally". "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/19/14  9:05pm
" It helps me and while it's legal for some conditions it is not legal in my state for mental illness. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 01/20/14  8:57am
" Marijuana is too unpredictable IMO. As some one else has said it effects different people differently. And no I"m not brainwashed this is from my own experiences with it.

Now I do think that it should be studied as I know there are ways of controlling what is in the weed. They can grow different strains to treat different things from what I understand. that sounds better then purchasing randomly from a drug dealer to me.

I also am not opposed to it being legal for recreational use. I do not see it as being so much worse than alcohol that it has to be illegal. Prohibition does not work.

Might as well legalize it so they can study it and help people get off of it. And for people that can handle it then let them smoke it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/21/14  7:41am
" Cannabis helps me a lot. It's one of the only things that will kill my anxiety and racing thoughts and lifts my depression, but the key is in moderation. If I use too much or too frequently it can make my symptoms worse and can make me a little psychotic. "

Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web