Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
In Category: Off Topic Posts
Discussion:
What do you think of online dating...
View More Posts Ignore
What do you think, know, hear or found out about - online dating????
Posted on 01/18/12, 10:39 pm

This discussion is closed to new replies.

Old post

View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 01/19/12  6:20am
" I have had really good experiences with it. It is like dating in real life, really....no different than meeting someone in a coffee shop, store, restaurant, or the mall. You do the screening, trust your instincts, and go with common sense when it comes to meeting...like always in a public place in the beginning etc.

I am for it and I have had several friends who have been successful with it for long term relationships. It it the "thing" these days. If I were single I would be all over it. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 01/19/12  7:49am
" Well, two of my niece's get all their husbands online. One of them (the husband) actually lasted for 13 years. Now he is internet-husband no more.

Personally, not for me. I have to feel that attraction. Shallow but true, I want to see if they are good-looking enough.

So I guess it's good for some people. Alot are doing it now. Just be careful, and don't jump a train to some unknown territory - sight unseen. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 01/19/12  10:04am
" Never tried it, but the founder’s wife of one of the online dating sites (AshleyMadison I think?) left him for a guy she met on HIS site.
Not kidding. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/19/12  11:53am
" I tried it and had one guy I dated for a time. He was handsome and seemed nice. Found out that he had a gambling problem and that he was married after a few dates. I used to be on also just to have friends to talk with. Needless to say I no longer date just focusing on myself and daughter now. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 01/20/12  11:41pm
" I met my fiance on Yahoo Chat, Not sure if that is the same. Lol Now I got a very cute little boy.

He was talking to my older sister but he was my age and she is 7 years old them us, and when he saw my picture, he agreed to come visit us, and me and him hit it off, he was super shy.

((My older sister is a brick house, huge and built like a man with the strength of one, so I wasn't worried about anything there))

You got to keep your standards high with online dating, alot of creepers. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 01/21/12  11:16am
" I found it to be helpful several years ago when I met my ex-fiance. We were together for 5 years. Met lots of men and went on several dates. Had a blast with it. It's addicting though!! Stay away from Ashley Madison, it's a hook-up site for married people that want have affairs. Way back when, I was on yahoo personals which merged with Match.com. I hear Plenty of Fish is a good free site. Best of luck! Oh yeah, it's also a good way to filter out the crazies. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 02/05/12  5:08pm
" I technicly asked my wife out through fb. We had known of eachother before hand but never hungout. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 02/05/12  7:32pm
" i'd be too shy to ever put myself out there like that. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 02/05/12  7:46pm
" It is good. I met my husband on match .com we met in 10/08 and married in 06/10. I'd say it worked for us. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 02/05/12  8:42pm
" Alot of people are doing it. I would wanna do a background check on anyone I went out with but even Dr. Phil recommends it :) "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 3 | Next | Most Recent
Advertisement

More From Around the Web