Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Discussion:
Fatigue
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone have extreme fatigue with their BP?

I am so wiped up just getting up in the morning.
I was bedridden about 15 yrs ago with Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, wondering if it has triggered that or if fatigue comes with BP?

Thanks!
Posted on 09/23/08, 12:38 pm
14 Replies | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Reminder: This is a support group for Bell's Palsy. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Comment:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 09/23/08  4:59pm
" I was tired, but it was just emotionally. Being pregnant the last week and the new born and Bells on top of it. I was DRAINED!
It might be something that you had early years too. Ask your doctor if you are concern. But I don't think Bells it self made me fatigue just going thru it and the stress of it.
But it effects everyone differently. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 09/24/08  10:28am
" I was told that fatigue was definately a symptom of BP. I recall a day or so before getting BP and many days after having BP, I was so tired so often. Remember, your nerves have seen a lot of trauma and your body is fighting. Therefore, you are going be more tired, more quickly.

Hang in there. So far, nothing unusual is going on here. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 09/24/08  11:13am
" that makes sense! thanks :) "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 09/24/08  12:02pm
" Guess I am lucky. Having narcolepsy I am always that way so this symptom is nothing new and I am already taking meds for the EDS.
If fatique is a major problem you might find some useful advice on how to improve it on some of the sleep disorder sites and especially on some of the sleep disorder forums on here. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 10/13/08  9:08pm
" You'll want to go to the neuropathy group and look for the topics on "autonomic" the best place to start is a topic called "directory of topics" at this link.
http://dailystrength.org/groups/neu... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 10/22/08  1:32am
" Yes, day 40 here and I still have periods of real fatigue. Fell asleep in front of the TV two nights in a row I was so wiped. Other days I am fine.

On the good side, I can now RINSE after brushing. I can finally hold water in my mouth without it dribbling out like some spastic idiot. Treasure the little things. And I have maybe 50% or better recovery of movement on the left side of my face. Wrinkles and smile lines - yeah!

On the downside, I still can't close my eye without closing the other one and it STILL waters a lot, sometimes A LOT. It fills up with tears and blurs my vision. Constantly. It can make even little tasks an annoying frustration. That's enough to tire you out right there. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 11/11/08  3:36am
" 3 months with Bells and I get up and do a few things and find myself totally exhausted.
I thought it was from after being on steriods for a few months and was a side effect of just getting off of the steriod highs that make you restless. I did start taking vitamins again I hope it helps me to get stronger. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 01/01/09  7:49am
" I am glad to see this discussion. My hubby asked if I would check to see if this was a problem with others. He is 81 days in to BP (first and hopefully last time). Headaches gone after 30 days, eye / vision still a problem with sight and watering, but he is always very tired. Hoping this is a symptom that will go away soon. Any recommendations? B12? "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 01/02/09  6:48pm
" I was absolutely wiped out for 3-4 weeks, then slowly regaining my energy back. I am at 3 1/2 months and have about 50% movement back in my face and about 90% of my energy. My fatigue is exacerbated by the fact that I have an infant and haven't slept through the night in....well, honestly...years. BP definitely affected my entire body for a while. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 01/03/09  10:46am
" Hi

My fatigue has gotten better, but I still get knocked out some days...
I did take B12 tablets but slacked off. Not sure if that helped, but what did was TONS of sleep and just rest.
My face is 100% - I would say after 6 weeks I didnt have to tape my eye at night - it took another few weeks to settle back.
I still get headaches/migraines from time to time...
Rest is best, if you can take the time...I had already been off of work so it worked out....though it set me back financially.. I believe it helped by recovery - good health is more important! "

First | Previous | Page: 1 2 | Next | Most Recent Add Your Reply
Advertisement

More From Around the Web