Pain and twitches.
Did any of you get pain in the temple, back of the ear, in the ear and sometimes like it extended to the face. I just was making sure that it is normal. And also, my lip was twitching a small amount on the top. Also right below my eyebrow was twitching and the muscle on my chin was pulling. Is this good signs? Thank you for any advice!
Posted on 08/02/07, 06:09 pm
Reminder: This is a support group for Bell's Palsy. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

Reply #1 - 08/14/07  5:16pm
" I haven't had the pain in the temple, but the back of the ear is a definite yes. I have been having twitches all over the left side, the effected side. I hope these are good signs...althought, I hate the eyelid twitches...especially when I'm trying to get to sleep. "
Reply #2 - 12/16/07  12:39am
" Yes all through my bells palsy years I have severe pain in the temple. Ended with migraines for 3 months straight. Back of the ears were burning sensations every now and again and ended up painful with a severe migraine. My friend that is a chinese herbalist says that twitching is good. What it suppose to mean is that the blood is trying to flow and strengthen up muscles. I have bp for 12 years and have twitches and pains all the time. If you had it only for short time you will have chance to recover in no time. Accupuncture is extremely good because of blood circulation. Don't stress at all try stay relaxed, plenty of sleep (pretty hard when have kids) and chinese herbs that you can drink tastes awful but works. He says that he's treated many people with bp and they recovered pretty good. In my case started to late and my case reoccured to many times. Good luck with yours and get onto it straight away. "
Reply #3 - 01/14/08  3:26pm
" so I have been told you get bels paulsey one of 2 ways 1st a virus, 2nd a defective vein in the back of the head that runs by the ear that either colapses or cloggs, and yes it hurts lest mine did "
Reply #4 - 01/19/08  12:20am
" Pain behind ear and some across the temple, it seemed that I had twitching in areas as the nerve came back to working, it seemed for me it would twitch for a while then the muscle would work fine again. For a few weeks I had inner ear pain put it went away. "
Reply #5 - 01/19/08  12:22am
" Forgot to add, there is no "this is normal" to Bells Palsy, seems everyone has a differant time with it. some people take years to see improvement while others see it in a few months. "
Reply #6 - 01/19/08  12:29am
" they say a head/face injury can be a facture in getting it, I did a face plant into the ground off my bike then got exposed to chicken pox the week before mine started. they don't know if thats what caused it or not.
Sorry about the 3 part post. "
Reply #7 - 01/28/08  4:21am
" I had a series of MRI's. At first they thought I had the beginnings of a neuroma. It appears that it was just an inflamed nerve.

Unless a lot has been learned lately, nobody really knows what causes bells palsy.

I just know it sucks "
Reply #8 - 03/11/08  7:29pm
" ive just recently been diagnosed with bp and at first i couldn't feel nething on the right side which was my affected side now the numbing has gone away but hte pain has only gotten worse as its now down my neck and i get horrible migraines...is this normal? "
Reply #9 - 03/14/08  11:09am
" I started with my left side of my face my lip was slightly lower and had a metal taste in my mouth, Felt like a coating was on my tongue. Went to doctor. still had movement in forehead. then the next day WHOLE left side was done. no movement. The worst Ear ache and pain behind the ear. can't remember headache.
I would think it you have twiches that is a good sign. at least the nerve is working, when I see improvement a little before I will feel twitches. good luck. "
Reply #10 - 03/21/08  3:39pm
" i have had b.p for 1 week. I have had alot of twiching in the eye and mouth area. and how fun is trying to drive with 1 watering eye. it sucks. so does anyone think the twitching is a good sign? I would love some advice on some home treatments i could do. serioulsy, how long does this thing last? laurlaur "