Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
2nd time getting Bells Palsy
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Hi everyone,My name is Patricia, I'm 16 years old and this is my second time getting Bells Palsy.I got it last year too. I don't know whether I should stay at home or go to school.I'm scared I'll be made fun of but I also don't want to go because my eye hurts so much especially when it's cold, it dries out quickly. How long should I stay home for?
Posted on 11/12/12, 06:35 pm
4 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Bell's Palsy. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 11/14/12  5:07pm
" I'd go to school, use saline eye drops to keep the eye moist.

Best wishes in healing. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 11/20/12  1:05am
" I wish I knew. I got it once, four years ago. So scared it will come back, I feel your pain. It was really embarassing, when my face got paralized, and my eye had to be taped shit. Thankfully mine went away in a month, but it was a rough month. Still having aphasia to this day, my words get mixed up.

Doctor said I might have had a mini stroke along with it, to explain the aphasia. Thank you. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 11/20/12  1:07am
" Please excuse my typo, I meant to say when my eye had to be taped SHUT, not the other word. So sorry, I never curse, but do type pretty bad. Sorry for the mistake. Taped my eye Shut.

I wish you the best of luck. I hear it can go away faster second time around. Wishing you a quick recovery. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 01/05/13  11:58pm
" Im actually the same im also 16 and have it again i had it 5 years ago but it came back and i remember years ago my school let me bring the work home and do it maybe get your parents to call the school and explain the situation. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web