Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
zero gravity chair
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
I was wondering if anyone has used a zero gravity chair. I thought that Tipper mentioned it once. I am considering buying one, but would love to hear from others. Thanks!!!
Posted on 04/20/10, 10:10 am
9 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Back Pain. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 04/20/10  8:36pm
" Yes I was me the one that mentioned one. I love my Zero gravity chair!!!!! It craddles your back, so it does not put any kind of pressure on the spine. Is better than any recliner that you can get, and it is recommended for people with back issues, my Neurosurgeon was the one that recommended me to get one.
Mine is not the expensive kind, (can't afford that one), mine I bought at Bed, Bath & Beyond for $66.00. Is the best 66 dollars that I've ever spend!!!! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 04/21/10  2:47am
" can someone link to what a zero gravity chair is? i'm interested! "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 04/21/10  7:12am
" So am I. Maybe a link to your best $66 spent? :P "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 04/21/10  11:25am
" Please, we all obviously want more information.

I'm in South Africa and haven't hear of it. If you would give specific details that would be extremely helpful.

Many thanks.

Hugs
Marion "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 04/22/10  12:43am
" OK, here it is! This is the one that I have, but I got mine on sale for $66.00. Maybe you can find one in the same price range. They also come in leather, etc. but of course those are more expensive, $200 and up. This is the website for the one that I have, but you can also do a Google search for "zero gravity chair" and all of the different models will pop up. Hope it helps!

http://www.brookstone.com/Zero-Grav...:trackingCode=71724051-0F89-DE11-9EF7-0019B9C2BEFD&mr:referralID=NA "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 04/26/10  9:00am
" I purchased the zero gravity chair yesterday at Big Lots for $38.00. That was a steal, and I love it. Kohls' also has them on sale for $48.00. Just thought I would share!!! Sharon "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 05/08/10  1:33pm
" I purchased a zero gravity chair from www.thebackstore.com it is worth every penny I spent on it and it is not the same as the patio or other stores that state zero gravity for example Lazyboy has one out. It does not go back nearly as far to take the pressure off the spine and tailbone.

The one I purchased was recomended by the Spine Clinic at UCDavis it completely takes all the pressure off the lower back. Mine is motorized because I do not have the arm stregnth to push it back and forth as I have MS as well. They come in all kinds of styles and colors... worth the $2000.00 I paid as I cannot sit or stand for any legnth of time without feeling intense pain. It has benefited my quality of life by giving me more time and energy during the day w/o fighting pain.

I have the one from Costco outside is I can enjoy being outside as well.

Good Luck "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 05/10/10  8:46pm
" this chair is the best money anyone with a back issue will ever likely spend.

I bought mine refurbished for $1350. But buying a refurb can be tricky so I'd recommend buying new or really doing your research on the seller as I did. This chair is worth every cent of the savings.

The chair is called the "zero gravity chair" or the "perfect chair". It changed names when the company ownership changed hands but it's the same chair. I have the PC-095 model. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 05/10/10  8:48pm

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web