Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Advice:
What is the strongest OTC pain killer?
Watch this 
View More Posts Ignore
Does anyone know what the strongest OTC pain killer is? I am trying to cut down on my percocet and I am having break-through pain in between doses. I have been using my TENS unit a lot more than I usually do. I do not want to go any stronger with my pain meds. My spine doctor offered something stronger, but I refused. I have two bulging discs and sciatica, just FYI. I am supposed to get my epidural on the 22nd. I need something to carry me through until then for break-through pain. Thank you very much.
Love....Leslie
Posted on 06/28/10, 07:36 am
10 Replies Add Your Advice
Reminder: This is a support group for Back Pain. We trust you will do your best to remain positive and helpful. For more information, see our rules of the road.

You may also create your own Member Groups where you can moderate the discussion.
Advice:
Email me when others reply to this topic help
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #1 - 06/28/10  10:29am
" Good luck to you. I have not found any OTC medication that has helped with my pain at all. I hope you have better luck. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #2 - 06/28/10  4:58pm
" Leslie, tramadol is available on line w/o a prescription. I haven't ordered it myself. Google tramadol or ultram.

Good luck.

P "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #3 - 06/28/10  6:37pm
" How about trying prescription strengh motrin, 800 mg of Ibuprofin... "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #4 - 06/28/10  8:32pm
" excedrin and alleve, seem to work the best for me "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #5 - 06/28/10  10:45pm
" I forgot to mention Flector patches. They're really helpful
They aren't otc, but they are a transdermal nsaid (sp?) that work for me even though motrin & aleve do not.

P. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #6 - 06/29/10  4:32am
" Thanks for the advice...I really appreciate it!!!
Love & Peace......Leslie "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #7 - 06/29/10  8:17am
" I have the same bulging discs tried allsorts of meds, now on Versatis 5% Lidnocaine Plasters. They are on for 12 hours then off for 12. They have made quite a difference. Along with meds they are good "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #8 - 09/08/10  6:55am
" The best otc pain reliever I have used and still do use is Excedrin. i also at times use generic aspirin. Before I was able to use pain meds I also used those 1.00 patches you can get at wal mart. They are hot but I put one on my neck/shoulder area and it provided relief for around 3 or 4 hours "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #9 - 09/10/10  10:40am
" Be careful that painkiller is strong addict i am recover from that now i am sober since last Oct 2009. "
View More Posts Ignore
Reply #10 - 09/10/10  7:01pm
" Have you ever tried Extra Strength Midol? It isn't a cure all, but several men I know use it when they have severe back pain.

If you find something else that works, please share. "

Add Your Advice
Advertisement

More From Around the Web