Follow us on Twitter
Read our tweets
Get Cool DS Stuff!!!!!
Shirts, Hats, Baby Wear
Thursday October 23, 2014

Inspiring Stories

• "I Voted" Sticker

Tuesday, November 4, 2008 | An Inspiring story

I think we can all agree tonight is a historic night. Regardless of how you feel about Obama I hope we are all inspired by the amazing turnout and the emotional investment in this election we have never seen before.
    Today I was doing rounds at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center. It is common to have many folks hanging out in the waiting rooms outside of the surgical ICU waiting for the "5...

3 Recommendations

8 Comments

• Advertisement
  • More Positive now

Tuesday, September 15, 2009 | An Inspiring story

When I first joined Overeaters Anonymous 4 1/2 Months ago I was in a really bad state. My Brother and Grandmother were at loggerheads with each other. This left me stinking thinking and in a bad state. He wanted to go to New York with 'Mates' he knew from Skype.
    Then, after a particularly nasty incident, I satrted taking it to my HP. Suddenly thinks started to work out. He went to New Yor...

1 Recommendation

2 Comments

• wisdom

Monday, October 24, 2011

This is my journey and nobody else's, sure I may have company on this trip, even people who are there for me everyday, but it the end this road is mine alone to walk. Everyones journey through life is different, some have the world handed to the on a platter, but most of us have to climb and claw our way through the days. Ive become a bit of an expert on time during this trip, it has always fille...

3 Recommendations

3 Comments

• Narcotics Anonymous

Wednesday, October 10, 2012 | An Inspiring story

So far, with the help of Narcotics Anonymous, I have been clean since April 27, 2009.  The steps, fellowship, my sponsor, and my higher powers make this possible.  The fight is never over, it's an ongoing process of growth and change.  Gonna keep on keepin' on.

2 Recommendations

2 Comments

• Poem

Wednesday, February 6, 2013 | An Inspiring story

Here is a poem that I wrote back in 1989 about the meaning of life. Hope you all enjoy it.
    I pray that God will bless you
    At the start of each new day
    And grant you health and happiness
    And friends to share your way
    As you jouney through this life
    To reach that Ultimate Goal
    May you find peace and happiness
    Deep within your soul
    The road is long and narrow
    Full of trials and sufferings too
    B...

3 Recommendations

2 Comments

• Similar Lives

Sunday, March 24, 2013

I have only been a member for a short while, but I have been blown away by all the similarities we all experience and face. I wish I had joined a support group years ago. It helps so much to know that so many are having the same experiences, the same pains, the same prejudices. As I read the different posts, I can say yep, been there. Oh yeah, I had that happen also.
    Most ...

2 Recommendations

2 Comments

• To all my friends

Sunday, October 27, 2013 | An Inspiring story

Just a line to say I'm living,
    That I'm not among the dead.
    Though I'm getting more forgetful,
    And am messed up in the head.
    For sometimes I can't remember,
    When I stand at the foot of the stairs,
    If I must go up for something,
    Or if I just came down from there.
    So, if it's my turn to write you,
    There's no need in getting sore.
    I may think I've written,
    And I don't want to be a bore.
    So, remember...

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• one day at a time....senerinty now to start a good day

Friday, March 14, 2014 | An Inspiring story

hang in their, some day it will all change for the better

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• 'Live in the Solution' is my mantra

Monday, July 7, 2014 | An Inspiring story

Today I was dealt a huge kick in the teeth in the form of a letter from the Social Security Agency saying that I can't claim Employment Support Allowance and Carers Allowance together. After a histrionic fit of rage; I had already been hyper after dealing with my Gran in town; I kept saying the mantra 'Live in the Solution' after an OA daily reader yesterday. Then I called the ESA supercesion pho...

1 Recommendation

1 Comment

• My Brother passed the Driving Test Today

Tuesday, August 19, 2014 | An Inspiring story

Today I have finally been given the missing piece in my life. My Brother passed the Driving Test this morning. He has a slip that will confirm he passed the driving test for the next few weeks until his License arrives in the post. For the time being, he'll have to get a used car; Gentleman's agreement he made with a Turkish Barber from Cookstown who was looking to sell his car; and Insurance. Od...

1 Recommendation

3 Comments